Sign in to follow this  
Smokin256

Anyone familliar with GA-Traffic?

I downloaded this program and have been trying it out. But I'm not having any luck. No matter what I try I am not able to see any GA traffic what so ever. In order to test this I have disabled GA traffic in FS9 itself leaving only airline traffic. I am under the impression that GA-Traffic will handle all GA traffic by itself with no help from the standard FS9 traffic. Is this not the case? Is there something else I need to do? I've tried it at 50%, 100% and 150% parking spaces used. According to the manual and FAQ people often complain of too many GA aircraft and ask how they can tone it down some. But I'm getting nothing! Reading the manual it seems as though the "Month for flightplan generation" only controls the time of day used for night or day operations. But am I misunderstanding this? Does this create a flightplan for only one moment in time? And I'm just missing it? I chose to fly on the same date used for "Month for flightplan generation" in GA-Traffic. Still nothing! It is creating the traffic_GA.bgl in scenery\world\scenery as I understand it should (to the tune of 148 megs) Yet not a single Cessna to be found!Does anyone know where the home forum is for this? I've tried searching here at Avsim and I've googled GA-Traffic with no luck. Lots of info on automobile traffic in Georgia though! :( I just want to create a little bit of Traffic for some small airfields I'm working on.Thanks everyone in advance for any suggestions :) !Cheers................Smokin256

In order to test this I have disabled GA traffic in FS9 itself leaving only airline traffic. I am under the impression that GA-Traffic will handle all GA traffic by itself with no help from the standard FS9 traffic. Is this not the case?
No - that is not the case. You must have FS9 set up to display GA traffic. You use the GA-Traffic program to create a traffic file based on your selection of aircraft. It is probably a good idea to download lots of AI models so that you don't just get the default FS planes. I have used GA-Traffic for years and it works fine.

Graeme Butler

Then you must have GA-traffic, but only on fields with a "control tower".
Not true. You will have general aviation AI traffic at airports with and without a control tower.If the Traffic-GA.bgl located at \Your FS2004 directory\Scenery\World\scenery has been created as you say then make sure you have GA Traffic checked in FS2004. You do not need to have the GA-Traffic program running once you create the traffic file and you can fly at time and date and will see the GA traffic.Todd

Then you must have GA-traffic, but only on fields with a "control tower".
Sorry, my mistake, must be: "But only on fields with GA-parking spots".Rgrds,Hugo

Guys, thanks a lot! That did it. Good god!!!! there are aircraft all over the place now! Clearly some tweaking is in order. And Hugo thanks for the heads up on the forum. I should have looked more carefully through the sub-forums here. skimmed right over that one.Cheers...............Smokin256