Sign in to follow this  
Guest DLH413

Problem when Loading the FS9 MD11F with tocg & zfwcg out of range

Guest DLH413

Hello,i have this one little problem with my FS9 MD11-Freighter (Version FS9.1 with CD 4, Active Sky):When i load the MD11F with absolutely zero payload just to fly with ballast fuel only, the loadmanager generates the above mentioned warning for ZFW & TO CG. Ignoring this message and loading the MD11F anyway results in a failure with the MD11F panel: e. g. black DU's / even with engines running no switch clickable / VC only partly shown. When ichange the settings in the loadmanager so that the CG's are in range and restart the MD11F everything is working fine. But i guess it must be possible to use ballast fuel instead of ballast payload to get the plane ion trim. Any other trials as e. g. to reset flight did not help.Is there any workaround to start/load the MD11F with zero payload and just use ballast fuel to get the apart from that absolutely fantastic bird in trim?

Hello,i have this one little problem with my FS9 MD11-Freighter (Version FS9.1 with CD 4, Active Sky):When i load the MD11F with absolutely zero payload just to fly with ballast fuel only, the loadmanager generates the above mentioned warning for ZFW & TO CG. Ignoring this message and loading the MD11F anyway results in a failure with the MD11F panel: e. g. black DU's / even with engines running no switch clickable / VC only partly shown. When ichange the settings in the loadmanager so that the CG's are in range and restart the MD11F everything is working fine. But i guess it must be possible to use ballast fuel instead of ballast payload to get the plane ion trim. Any other trials as e. g. to reset flight did not help.Is there any workaround to start/load the MD11F with zero payload and just use ballast fuel to get the apart from that absolutely fantastic bird in trim?
Jens,Loading the aircraft with ZFWCG and/or TOCG out of range should not result in a panel failure. There is no obvious relation between payload settings and panel initialization. It must be something else that is causing this, some kind of side effect. Does it happen only to the MD11-F? I will try to reproduce this and see what I can find.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Guest DLH413

Hello Michael, first of all thanks for the quick reply. I must confess that i haven't tested this item with the pax variants. All i can say is, that the probelm occurs with both engine variants of the MD11F. Probably it may be important for you reproducing the problem: i have fsuipc version3.85 installed and one time - i'm sorry i don't know at which constellation (MD11 Pax or Freighter and what loadmanager settings) - i got a kind of fsuipc warning that the cg is out of range. It was the first time ever i got this message. I will make some more tests with the pax-versions later on today (about 1700 utc) and tell you the results.so far thanks again ...

Jens,Loading the aircraft with ZFWCG and/or TOCG out of range should not result in a panel failure. There is no obvious relation between payload settings and panel initialization. It must be something else that is causing this, some kind of side effect. Does it happen only to the MD11-F? I will try to reproduce this and see what I can find.
Hi guys,same problem here. The problem is only present with the -11F and the load manager configuration Jens metioned.cuDenis

Guest DLH413

Hello again, after some testing i have more details for the dev. & support team:

1. The problem also occurs with all pax versions & all engine variants
  2. The workaround for the Freighter version works also for the Pax version: change the values in loadmanager to be in range and reload the plane.
  3. It seems that both CG's have to be in range. With only the T/O CG in range by setting enough fuel in the loadmanager the problem also occurs.
  4. Now a more detailed description of the Acft status with the problem:

• The engines are definitely running (you can hear the sounds, the acft is moving).
  • When in external view and moving the control column/wheel the corresponding flight control surfaces do not move.
  • All DU's and other displays (all FMC's , COMM FREQ Displays etc.) are blank/black.
  • All switches are "clickable" and you can hear the according sound & see their movements (so forget about what i posted first that the switches are not "clickable"
  • Some few lights on the OVHD panel illuminate when clicking the corresponding switches (i. g. BAT, both RWY Turnoff lights, some lights on the HYD OVHD Panel). But most of them do not illuminate or show something
  • The VC only shows up partly.

Last but not least: A reinstall did not solve the problem. I run the FS9.1 under WIN XP and got no error messages or something similar during the validation process. Hope this helps a little more.

Hello Michael, first of all thanks for the quick reply. I must confess that i haven't tested this item with the pax variants. All i can say is, that the probelm occurs with both engine variants of the MD11F. Probably it may be important for you reproducing the problem: i have fsuipc version3.85 installed and one time - i'm sorry i don't know at which constellation (MD11 Pax or Freighter and what loadmanager settings) - i got a kind of fsuipc warning that the cg is out of range. It was the first time ever i got this message. I will make some more tests with the pax-versions later on today (about 1700 utc) and tell you the results.so far thanks again ...
Jens,I have identified what is causing the problem. It will happen in any aircraft type (pax or cargo) if the payload is less than 100 LBS. We are going to issue an updated Load Manager that fixes this problem sometime next week (unfortunately we found about this too late to include the fix in the scheduled today's update).In the meanwhile, adding just one cargo station (in the freighter) or one passenger (in the pax version) will solve the problem.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Guest DLH413

Hello Michael,great news. Thanks again for the service and of course the great bird!!!