Sign in to follow this  
FLEX1978

FS9 MD11 Multi moniitors and TrackIR

I doubt anyone can help me but I am experiencing a major problem with the MD11 that's taking the fun out of this new aircraft.For some reason with the MD11 track IR gets really twitchy and jumps around when I undock screens to other monitors or move the mouse to the overhead panels in VC. I spent about 4 hours last night testing this to make sure I wasn't going mad but if I load up the 744 (which I have 1000's of hours on with trackir) it works perfectly, same with the default Cessna.I know it's a long shot but is anyone else seeing this? This aircraft is amazing but this problem is driving me crazy!ThanksRob

Rob Prest

Also wan't to add my FPS seems worse then the 744 and if I move from 2D to VC the textures flash white for a second like when I had a slow system. do you think maybe my install is screwed?Core 2 Duo E8600 4.0 ghz ATI 4870 512mb win xp pro 32 bit 2gig Ram defragged HD 744 is fluid with no issues.Rob

Rob Prest

Cmon, I know some of you lurkers out there must be using TrackIR with undocked monitors. Could someone test this for me. Flying with out trackIR is not an option for me.Rob

Rob Prest

Cmon, I know some of you lurkers out there must be using TrackIR with undocked monitors. Could someone test this for me. Flying with out trackIR is not an option for me.Rob
Rob:I have beeen flying nothing but the MD for awhile now, so after seeing your post I went back and flew the FSX default B737...and yes, I agree with you.The MD seems a very jumpy using TrackIR for any view compared to the 737. So much so that I can not tune any radios or set any dials using VC mode...I must revert to 2D for setup and only seem to use the VC + TrackIR for landing view.I too have two monitors and I use #2 for FSC and FS2Crew.Jerry

Guys,are you using Active Camera? If yes, then disable it's "Internal Pilot View". I have mapped the key CTRL+F11 to one of my TQ buttons just for this purpose. It will disable AC, but you don't need it while using TrackIR. When not using TrackIR, just press CTRL+F11 to enable AC again. Regards,Jure

Hi,I am aware of the conflict with active camera but thanks for the help. I am back from work flying a pattern around Dubai and this is 100% a MD11 issue. I have been testing both MD11 and 744 for the past hour and this only happens in the MD11 . The problem gets worse if I move the mouse cursor over any switches or PFD's and trackir starts flickering so I have a feeling the new cursor may play a part in this.I've tried to ignore it but it's not flyable in the VC like this. Looks like I'm spending the weekend on the ground in 2D studying the systems.Rob

Rob Prest