Sign in to follow this  
Guest Squitters

O/T WinXP and Nvidia drivers

Guest Squitters

Hi all :-)I use WinXP Home now and have the Creative 41.80 drivers loadedbut would like to use Nvidia drivers/NvMax instead.What is the correct way to do this with WinXP, I tried un-install41.80 and loaded NVidia drivers and had a blank screen and lock upwhen going to full screen mode, I could not cure this so returnedto the 41.80, video performence seems to have probs ie default C182 vc with AA on just kills the fps and my sound goes all stuttery when bringing up the radio/gps panel in vc. With WinMe and the same drivers aa and vc mode had no effect at all on my fps ( locked @ 20 )when bringing up radio/gps panel.any advice would be most welcome :DSteve

Steve - I've never had a problem installing any driver set by right-clicking on My Computer, then Properties/Hardware/Device Manager. Next, right-click Display Adapter and select Properties/Uninstall. That will remove both the video card and the drivers. Reboot and WinXP will redetect the video card and install the default nVidia drivers (probably 29.58's). Then you can install any version you'd like right on top of the defaults.Trip

Guest Squitters

Hi Trip, thanx for the info m8, much appreciated.best,Steve