Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

Ground2K4 Question

I am wanting to create some small islands in the ocean, but in the Polygons/Lines window that comes up when I right-click the prepared work area, the VTP1 button is always greyed out (LWM Poly and VTP2 are OK). Why would that be and how do I get it back in use? I just want to create some small sandbank-like islands, without autogen - isn't the VTP1 option what I need?Can't see any mention of this searching the forum, so would appreciate advice ..Thanks!Martin

Ground2K4 has no VTP1...that's why it's greyed out.Ground2K version4 does have VTP1. They are dofferent programs by the same author ( Christian Fumey ).Dick

Oh! Do they do the same things then? I'm a bit nonplussed to discover there are two programmes - I'd no idea. The tutorial document for Ground 2K4 tells me to select VTP1, so I am more or less totally confused...M. :(

Yes, I have read about this but never used it. Will download and have a look. Thanks,Martin

Dick,Is there a general 'beginners' tutorial out there somewhere for SBuilder: can't see one after searching? I have a number of pdf tutorials from AVSIM, but all are for specific tasks. I can't even get started (or, only just before problems begin):I start a new project and have a 24-bit BMP map. I need to calibrate it apparently, so I set the co-ordinates in the box (following the SBuilder.chm file here) and click OK. The map just disappears and I get the pointer back on the blank SBuilder window with 'map' underneath it. To get the same window as in the help file, I find I need to choose 'Calibrate Photo Maps', though that's not mentioned, so I try this - same result: when I've changed the co-ordinates and click 'calibrate' the map just disappears off the screen and I'm back with the Map cursor asking for a new map. Nothing in the instructions about this so I am scuppered before I even start. Not very conducive to perseverance when you can't even get off first base..Any advice??Thanks,Martin

Hi MArtin.You're probably not seeing the BMP because you aren't viewing the right coordinates.Go to the menu "View/Go to Position", and enter the coordinates of where you placed your background bitmap.Remember to "Save as" often to protect your work.The native forum for SBuilder is at http://ptsim.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=18And there is an active support forum at FSDeveloper:http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33Dick

My co-ordinates were taken from Google Earth and double-checked against FSNavigator and also MS Encarta maps. I am pretty sure I am entering the right figures. If I just click on 'calibrate' with the default figures that are already in the window (nowhere near where the scenery is), they are accepted. Very odd. I've sort of given up on this for now, it's just too infuriating. If and (more likely) when I get a 'second wind' I will try again and post back what happens,Thank you,M.