Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ralph

IRS Blinking

Guest Ralph

Hi,I just get the MD 11 and i work out the tutorial and i have a problem. When i make a turn the hdg on the cockpit is not chaning but i am turning.Also i get messages that the IRU 2, AUX, 1 no ALIGN what i do wrong?Regards,Ralph

It's been awhile since I tried the tutoria, but I'll give this a try.Your HDG window should be blank if you are in A/P autoflight. Look at the indications in the top of the PFD, it tells you what mode you are in for Speed/Nav/Altitude.The tutorial panel state starts in a turnaround state I think. This means you have power and the IRS are aligned. If you have an IRS alarm then maybe you didn't load the tutorial panel state. Regardless, you can set the IRS when parked (no movement) by turning them off then on and waiting (I don't have a copy of manual at work so I am missing the exact switch setting names but it is in the manual). I set the IRS align time in the options to 10 sec.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Ralph

the problem is not be solved. I still get the message IRU 1 NO ALIGNIRU AUX NO ALIGNIRU 2 NO ALIGNSo my auto pilot is still not working and i do not know what i am doing wrong.Regards,Ralph

the problem is not be solved. I still get the message IRU 1 NO ALIGNIRU AUX NO ALIGNIRU 2 NO ALIGNSo my auto pilot is still not working and i do not know what i am doing wrong.Regards,Ralph
Ralph, The IRUs take about 10 minutes to align (this time is realistic but it can be changed from the MPDG menu options if you don't want to wait that long). During align time the aircraft should not move otherwise alignment fails and you get the messages you reported. My guess is you started pushback before the IRUs were aligned. If this happnes you should turn all the IRS knobs to off, turn them again to NAV and wait without moving until the IRUs are properly aligned. During that time "NO TAXI" is displayed on the bottom of the PFD speed tape. When this changes to "TAXI" you can move.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Guest Ralph

Hi,No i didn't start the pushback before allign. I wait about 10 minutes and do not move the aircraft. I directly get those messages.RegardsRalph

Try instant align time... see if problem changes.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Ralph

Hi,I try and it is still blinking.... i started the pusback and the HDG is also not changing when i am moving the aircraft to the left and to the right. I set the align mode tot 15 seconds without any result.RegardsRalph

Hi,I try and it is still blinking.... i started the pusback and the HDG is also not changing when i am moving the aircraft to the left and to the right. I set the align mode tot 15 seconds without any result.RegardsRalph
Did you load the "Tutorial" Panel State? If you follow the tutorial without loading the Tutorial panel state, I can see how things could get scrambled.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Ralph,if you were not moving at all, confirm you did press the 'INITIALIZE IRS' prompt on the F-PLN init page?Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

Guest Ralph

Hi,No i did not. I switch the 3 irs buttons to on and that is it... so i need to press the align IRS in the fl-page?regardsRalph

Hi,No i did not. I switch the 3 irs buttons to on and that is it... so i need to press the align IRS in the fl-page?regardsRalph
Yes.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)