Sign in to follow this  
Guest FPSFREAK

Hey a couple questions on a new computer

Hi everyone!!I just got done ordering my new system, it is a dell 2.53 ghz proc with 512 of ddr-sdram and 9700 pro graphics card. My old computer was a hp 833 mhz proc 512 of sdram and a gforce 2 mx. I am just wondering what kind of performance that I might get or what kind of new machines u got and performance.

Guest abent

I went from an Athlon 1.1/GeForce 2 Ultra 64/786 PC-133 to a P4 2.4/GeForce 4 TI4200 128/786 PC2700 DDR and saw a significant performance increase. With Dreamfleet 734 at CYHZ with Mosher Brother's scenery, 100% AI and most sliders at about 75% I averaged 16 FPS with the old system and I now average about 24 fps. It's a lot smoother.You will see an astounding difference. You have a more powerful processor and a better vid card than I. I expect you will be very pleased with the difference in performance. That said, you will likely still see low fps at complex scenery areas using a complex panel if you max everything. But generally, I think you'll be quite happy.Enjoy your new system. :-beerchug Adam

Yeah I wanted to go ahead and get one fs2004. I was going to get the 3.06 but the performance increase wouldn't warrent all the money they want and the same goes for the 9800 pro. I really have liked this system I am glad to get a new one. Hey and if anyone knows how to transfer data from my old computer to the new one please let me know,thanks!!!

Guest Marvel

Norton Ghost will do that for you, it will completly clone your data to your new harddisk (just hook two of them up)

Guest Maul

Man, let me tell you...I can't wait until this system comes to my doorstep!Area51:Case: Alienware Full-Tower Case (420-Watt PS) - Conspiracy BlueCable Management: Alienware Cable Management SystemPower Supply: Enermax EG465P-VE 431 Watt Power SupplyProcessor: Intel

LOL! LMAO!! That is one expensive T-shirt! LOL (around 3.5K?)SWEET system! I was playing an Alienware system over at Best Buy the other day that was fully loaded 3 gig and the 9700pro, ran and looked great, playing Jedi Knight, cranked it up full blast and it looked sweet! I have a new MOBO and CPU on the way, but couldn't swing the specs you got, but it will be a big improvement over my Athlon 1.4.Let us know how it does! Enjoy!Regards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpg

Best, Michael

KDFW

Jayman,I believe that Dell sells a software kit that transfers all of your data, configs, etc. from your old computer to your new one. Search their site. I am building my ownne rig but am thinking of ordering this software from DELL.Enjoy your new FS experience on the new machine.PH39N

Guest product

Eric,Just ordered the identical system the other day, though with the 9700 Pro. I'll be interested to hear when yours arrives, they promise 2 weeks but I've read many scary stories on line about Alienware's customer service and delivery issues. The system should rock, though, congrats!Best,Joel

Guest Maul

I hope it comes before the end of April, that's all I want. I'm really excited about it and I'm even putting off some games I bought a while ago just to test them on it: Command & Conquer Generals, IL-2 Sturmovik and Splinter Cell, to name a few. I'll just have to stick to the Gamecube games: Metroid Prime & Legend of Zelda: The Windwaker and FS2002 on my old mobile rig for now. Let me know about yours as well, I'm not sure if the Radeon 9800/9700 will be that much different, but I'll definitely put it to the test with 3dmark's 2003 benchmark.Eric

Those sound like some sweet computers and I can't wait to see the results of mine on Monday!!! Please post some specs when u get yours

Guest FPSFREAK

Guys !!! $3500.....Why not build your own?. Unless a person is not able to my days of paying shipping, waiting, waiting some more on top of the mark up...Very nice systems but I built the rig you see in my specs for just under $2700. The longest I waited for a part was 2 days. Now granted I don't get a warranty but in my case I don't need one. You guys have really got your hands on some nice setups. Good Luck w them.Bobby