Sign in to follow this  
buzzbee

Practice

Is anyone still out there practicing? The forum has been pretty quiet and there is just over a month to go. I am trying to generate a new set of legs to fly offline, and I would like to put together an online session where we can fly abbreviated legs and make baton transfers in real time under race conditions.Sven - How is the server coming are you around?Cheers - Hope you all had a great Christmas.

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

I just had my first week back at work but i'm still around. I just booked off the race week from work so all set :).Bry's been tied up with his gf for a couple of weeks (not literally i hope :( ) but should be back soon.

Harv.png?dl=1

I just had my first week back at work but i'm still around. I just booked off the race week from work so all set :).Bry's been tied up with his gf for a couple of weeks (not literally i hope :( ) but should be back soon.
I should hopefully be able to get a few practice hops in in the next while, things have just been a little crazy, and trying to avoid Flightsim Burnout before the race (which I've been teetering on the edge with lately)... :( But then again, I always like to think I'm always proficient in all the aircraft in my hangar... :( Yes, we definitely should hold a couple multiplayer practice events to practice handoffs before the race start... All we need to do is get the FSHost and Teamspeak server situation sorted out... B)

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

I should hopefully be able to get a few practice hops in in the next while, things have just been a little crazy, and trying to avoid Flightsim Burnout before the race (which I've been teetering on the edge with lately)... :( But then again, I always like to think I'm always proficient in all the aircraft in my hangar... :( Yes, we definitely should hold a couple multiplayer practice events to practice handoffs before the race start... All we need to do is get the FSHost and Teamspeak server situation sorted out... :(
See my post here if your interested let me know:http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtop...p;#entry1522553

Is anyone still out there practicing?
That is just about all i am doing Buzz :( I've put chess on the back burner. Am proficient hand flying the PMDG-747-400F, but getting myself checked-out on the systems is a bear and will probably take a few more days."If I were a rich man... all day long i'd" well, go to Flight Safety and get typed. :(As a suggestion, we could just do last year's route again... :(

Wow sure welcome... normally i do the neanderthal, knuckles dragging on the floor, speech to my to my wife, "woman... man needs this..." and shuffle away; but boy, I was having are hard time thinking how to justify the price (to her and me).So... am glad it worked out for you DC. It is such a fun plane to fly. :( I started to feel a bit bad when people were coming back saying they had been billed the full price. :(

I am still here, practising on my own.Would be much more fun with some on-line flying including baton handling.I have bought PMDG 747-400X and is now able to land to do some nice landings.I am learning the systems right now.

Jock Hartvig Andersen,

EKCH, EKAT

Hi All,Hey as a side note (!); Ozzie yer a chess player? You got a rating? Just curious !My biggest issues are organizational - I am terribly disorganized but I am slowly gettin better. I hope to have my operating systems nice and clean and ready for the race; not sure how much I will participate, and practice is surely needed, which I have slowly been working on.I got in to the Teamspeak server - havnt seen anyone on yet; I hope to be more of a presence. I am coming down with a headache and cold I think; sore throat all that good stuff; I will probly feel miserable in the next week.The good thing for me is I now have a nice 22inch flat screen; it is sweet !So I hope to get more practice in, and as soon as I do so I will re-mention my airframe qualifications.I dont dare to touch a helo however, so hopefully we got some helo fliers out there.I think I may have used FS2002 last year, and had problems with the Ford Tri-motor - not so with FS9 for me ! I can fly that thing so I will work on that.Hope everyone is doing well since the holidays are finally over.BG

Guest Gary Buska

As for me I started from Boeing Field and have been using twin engine turboprop aircraft and making 1 to 1 and a half hour flights going eastward. I have been buzzing the mountains over UTAH and NEVADA so if you here of any goats that got hit by a aircraft it was me. :( I have been practicing making difficult approaches. I knew that the mountains were a good starting place.

I noticed it got a bit quiet here over the holiday break! Can't wait to start practice sessions for real. I've got Teamspeak set up, and I hope that Duenna logging site gets sorted soon because that was fun. But I am having trouble setting up my Hamachi client. I need to open some ports about which I have virtually no idea! :( Mike.

Mike Beckwith

Guest Gary Buska
I noticed it got a bit quiet here over the holiday break! Can't wait to start practice sessions for real. I've got Teamspeak set up, and I hope that Duenna logging site gets sorted soon because that was fun. But I am having trouble setting up my Hamachi client. I need to open some ports about which I have virtually no idea! :( Mike.
I run behind a router as well and I have no problems with Hamachi and I did not have to open any ports at all

I run behind a router as well and I have no problems with Hamachi and I did not have to open any ports at all
Thanks for the heads up Gary. Whatever the problem may be I expect I'll be able to fix it when we all get online in Teamspeak. I expect someone will have to guide me through the set up which shouldn't be too hard.

Mike Beckwith

Hi Mike (no pun inteneded)... :( Well I got Himachi going - I logged into the practice server locally (not on FS9) and I see others 5.*.*.* listed...It doesnt seem to ask me anything about ports.I did read about port settings and that Himachi may use port 80 which is the browser (not really my idea of a PTP setup if that is what it is supposed to do).Port settings may come into play when games are used over it.ALSO, I believe there is a 15-player max limit as I am using the free version.Right now it is disabled I just have it sitting there ready to go; I also am on Windows XP.Not much else to say til I get into the Flight Sim which at this point is gonna be a few more days til I get my computers all setup.BG

Hi Simmers...With any luck my alternate computer will be ready for FS9 and main forum posting for baton handovers and checking tomorrow. Anyone wanna try Hamachi setups and flights tomorrow night? I will try to be on the teamspeak server as soon as I get my alt computer running and try to be on every night when I am available, and I will try to be on tomorrow night EST.BG