Sign in to follow this  
Guest purplemonkey123

PMDG & Vista 64bit

Guest purplemonkey123

Hi thereI've carried out a quick search and couldn't find anything concrete on the topic of PMDG addons being compatible with Vista 64bit.Can someone please confirm that PMDG fs9 and FSX addons will work on Vista 64 Bit systems?Many thanks!!!!

Hi thereI've carried out a quick search and couldn't find anything concrete on the topic of PMDG addons being compatible with Vista 64bit.Can someone please confirm that PMDG fs9 and FSX addons will work on Vista 64 Bit systems?Many thanks!!!!
Hi!Then you didn

Guest purplemonkey123

ok thanks...Can someone please tell me if the products will work ''off the shelf'' with vista 64bit or will I have to play around to get them working correctly?I'd be looking at using 737NG and 747 productsThanks!

ok thanks...Can someone please tell me if the products will work ''off the shelf'' with vista 64bit or will I have to play around to get them working correctly?I'd be looking at using 737NG and 747 productsThanks!
It shouldn

Everything works fine in Vista 64 provided you install using the "Run as Adminstrator" option, or have UAC disabled all together.Leffe, I hope you got more than just 2GB of RAM - the whole point of running Vista 64 is to be able to run 4GB and above - just switching to 64 bit while keeping an amount of RAM within the 32 bit limit is still going to exhibit the same problems.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Everything works fine in Vista 64 provided you install using the "Run as Adminstrator" option, or have UAC disabled all together.Leffe, I hope you got more than just 2GB of RAM - the whole point of running Vista 64 is to be able to run 4GB and above - just switching to 64 bit while keeping an amount of RAM within the 32 bit limit is still going to exhibit the same problems.
Sure Ryan! I have 2 GB already in a AMD 64 Athlon 4400+ since 3 year back.....uppgrading now to total 4GB.Since I like longhaul flights, and have been struggling with the 3G patch for more than a year in those flights, I thought now it

Works a dream (I have Vista 64), the only problem I had was it was not saving anything changes I made (button consignments etc), So I had to 'run as Admin' and never had a problem since.

Guest D17S

Both FS9 and FSX run fine on 64bit op systems. However to take advantage of > 2G ram installs, the FSX.exe and the FS9.exe files must - also - be modified. The FSX/SP2/acceleration addon automatically patched the FSX.exe file. However to allow the FS9 program to schedule > 2Gs of ram, the FS9.exe file must be manually modified. If users are getting OOMs with FS9, - both - the op system (via a 64bit op system or the 32 bit op system's "3G switch") - And - the FS9.exe file (via a manual method) must be hi-mem enabled. Simply adding more physical ram won't do it alone.BTW, if a user is Not getting OOMs, adding ram won't help FS9 (32 or 64 bit installs), cuz the program is Not trying to use greater than 2Gs (If it was trying to use > 2Gs, OOMs would be occurring).