Sign in to follow this  
zachenbacher

Panel Stat Reload MD-11 FS9

Hi there :( ,just a short question: what do I wrong with my panel state on the MD-11 FS9-version? Saving from the 2d-panel via FS save menu a panel state named like the flt-file is present but on next loading the situation my panel is again in this "standard ready to go" panel state. Shouldn't load up with the last pane state?Thx to allDenis

Same problem here, FS9 version, panel state was not reloaded when I tried to select the previously saved flight. I also saved from the 2D view. Retried to load the panel state via the PMDG menu, nope, didn't work. What could it be?

After months of testing I never thought about it, but the panel state is the status of all switches etc... not necessarily the view. You can change the view by pressing S in default MSFS key assignments.FSX will save the view with a saved flight.

Dan Downs KCRP

:( The problem isn't the view, the reason I (and I thought the original poster too) mentioned it is that I assume the flights need to be saved from the 2D view to avoid problems?The real problem is - the panel state is not saved. Tried to save the tutorial flight at the holding point with the FMS set. Saved. Come back and reload that flight, of course plane is at the holding point, engines running but at least the flightplan and perf data are all gone. In fact, I think its only the FMS data that is gone.-Kyle

Hi there :( ,just a short question: what do I wrong with my panel state on the MD-11 FS9-version? Saving from the 2d-panel via FS save menu a panel state named like the flt-file is present but on next loading the situation my panel is again in this "standard ready to go" panel state. Shouldn't load up with the last pane state?Thx to allDenis
Denis, Read the relevant section in the "Introduction" volume of the manuals. It explains how panel state files and saved flights work.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Denis, Read the relevant section in the "Introduction" volume of the manuals. It explains how panel state files and saved flights work.
Michael, this is what it says in the Introduction volume:" Keeping your saved flights in synch: We recommend using the MSFS FLIGHT/SAVE menu for saving a flight or scenario. If you save your flight using the MSFS Save Situation menu, your current cockpit state will be saved simultaneously. When you later reload this scenario, you will be right back where you left off! "Well, all this I've done as per the manual, but like explained in my previous post, the FMS data is gone..

Michael, this is what it says in the Introduction volume:" Keeping your saved flights in synch: We recommend using the MSFS FLIGHT/SAVE menu for saving a flight or scenario. If you save your flight using the MSFS Save Situation menu, your current cockpit state will be saved simultaneously. When you later reload this scenario, you will be right back where you left off! "Well, all this I've done as per the manual, but like explained in my previous post, the FMS data is gone..
Kyle, My answer was directed to Denis, who was asking how the panel state files work. The problem you mention is different. Check the {FS9}\PMDG\MD11\PanelState folder and see if a panel state file is saved there. It the name you used to save the flight was, for example zzzz, the panel state file will be named zzzz.FLT.sav. There should be also a file named zzzz.FLT.0.rte (flight plan data) and possible a file named zzzz.FLT.1.rte (alternate flight plan data). Do you see these files? If not check that you have write permission to the {FS9}\PMDG\MD11\PanelState folder.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

So far I can say my panel state seems to be saved: I can load it manually. But it doesn't load by itself when loading the FS situation.

The problem you mention is different. Check the {FS9}\PMDG\MD11\PanelState folder and see if a panel state file is saved there. It the name you used to save the flight was, for example zzzz, the panel state file will be named zzzz.FLT.sav. There should be also a file named zzzz.FLT.0.rte (flight plan data) and possible a file named zzzz.FLT.1.rte (alternate flight plan data). Do you see these files?
Hi again MichaelSomething like that, but I dont have the FLT suffix on my files. Is that significant?The saved situation is called "PMDG MD-11 tutorial takeoff"So, the files I have arePMDG MD-11 tutorial takeoff.0.rtePMDG MD-11 tutorial takeoff.0.slv.rte <--- you didn't mention that?PMDG MD-11 tutorial takeoff.1.rtePMDG MD-11 tutorial takeoff.savI took a peek into the .0.rte file and it does seem to contain the waypoint names, departure and arrival airport and other info. Still none of these are seen in the FMS when I load that flight.I repeat that all other panel data, FCP and systems seem to be resumed correctly.I have couple of other odd issues, here: http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=240060&st=0Let me know if you want screenshots or some other data.