Hi,I have had a few flights now with ASA and almost every flight I have made there is a short period where the WHITEOUT problem rears its ugly head. I havent had this problem since the very early days of Activesky weather programs.Is there a setting that I have made that may cause this or indeed one that cures it.Forgot to add I am using FS9thanksKeith

Hi,Please post the METAR when this happens again. I just know of one condition where this happens in FS.Thanks,

Hi,Please post the METAR when this happens again. I just know of one condition where this happens in FS.Thanks,
Jim,This is happening more and more now. I have done many flights recently and every time I have this white out now.How do post the METAR pleaseFS2004-2009-feb-11-002-1.jpgCheersKeith

Hi,Is the weather option Off in SB?You can copy and paste the METAR from the Wx Config screen from the bottom.Thanks,

Turn on "Enable Visibility Graduation and Smoothing" under the Option/Visibility menu. That should take care of your problem.Let us know.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Turn on "Enable Visibility Graduation and Smoothing" under the Option/Visibility menu. That should take care of your problem.Let us know.
Hi,Weather option is off in SB yes.Also I have tried both turning on and off "Enable Visibility Graduation and Smoothing under the Option/Visibility menu". I have uninstalled and reinstalled as well and still the same. I will copy and paste as advised next time thanks.Keith

Hi,Weather option is off in SB yes.Also I have tried both turning on and off "Enable Visibility Graduation and Smoothing under the Option/Visibility menu". I have uninstalled and reinstalled as well and still the same. I will copy and paste as advised next time thanks.Keith
Again I have the same WHITEOUT..Heres the details from the weather config screen. I am at 30000 climbing to FL360. I cannot see how the details below will show what the weather is at FL300 though!EPWK 202019Z 11302KT 3SM -RA BKN086 M06/M07 A3027And again ..same flight - but now at FL360 EDCE 202042Z 11503KT 2SM -RA BKN027 BKN052 BKN188 M02/M03 A3030Ah well, looks like its back to ASV6.5 for me ...frustrating :( Keith

Hi,Was this with SB running or off?Thanks,
Jim,If you mean Squawkbox, then Yes I was online and that was running. However, I do not use the weather option within it and never have done. I reverted back to ASV6.5 and all was well with that. thanksKeith

Guest BeachComer

I would call that a feature! I have spent many RW hours in whiteout at the flight levels - cirrus clouds can and frequently do extend to altitudes above 400 MB or 30,000'. AS6.5 fails to show cirrus above the levels covered by METARs - which only go up to 12,000' above the airport elevation, at least in the US - which is why in FS I've frequently seen the incongruity of clear blue sky with rain falling! The ceiling may be 14-18 thousand with cirrus layered to FL400. Sky is gray RW, but blue in ASv6.5 because AS only looks to METARs, except on those rare occasions that the TAF forecasts the higher layers, AND I have TAF processing turned on, AND the report for my station is over an hour old. Maybe it's just me, but I feel that if it's raining at a station, there ought to be an overcast somewhere up there -- unless the rain is CB type, which can sometimes fall from relatively small clouds. It wouldn't take much in the way of processing to determine if it had been raining the previous report, too, and build an overcast if the cloud type isn't CB. Or even if it is -- some thunderstorm anvils project up to 100 nm downwind. Or use the high altitude cloud products that are available (for the US that I know of). I bought ASv5 in hope that TAF processing would allow overcasts above 12k ft, and it did, under the limited conditions above. I made suggestions to process TAF layers above 12k ft. and bought ASv6, hoping they'd follow through. Nope. Now we have a new version, with features too numerous to mention, but interpolated high altitude clouds don't seem to be included.How about it, ActiveSky? Could we puhleeze have some clouds above 12k? I mean, besides outside the US (where such are routinely reported)?

Hi,Both in ASX and ASA there is a slider to add Cirrrus clouds. That may be the option you are looking for.Thanks!