Sign in to follow this  
Jamie

MD-11 FS9 Wide screen panel: awesome!

Guest lukeh
One other thing, check each of the folders ...PMDG_MD11PMDG_MD11_FS9PMDG_MD11F... to make sure that the subfolder...panel.WideScreen... is present and something is in it.Bill
Bill I don't have the PMDG_MD11_FS9 Folder in my Aircraft folder; just the other twoLuke

That for sure is a real wide screen 2D panel... Not what Leonardo's MD2008 Pro has given to us... :(

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

That sure is a nice widescreen panel, I wish more designers could do it.It's funny how most monitors sold today are widescreen but very few make WS panels, I guess they assume everybody uses 3D only. I am a real life pilot with 20 years of experience and I still prefer the 2D panel.Thanks PMDG, your MD-11 is everything I want from an add-on.Danny

Bill I don't have the PMDG_MD11_FS9 Folder in my Aircraft folder; just the other two
Luke,Oops. The PMDG_MD11_FS9 folder is my personal folder. You should only have the other two.Bill

Thanks Bill. I'm now in glorious widescreen.Interestingly the FS9 view that Jamie has above is slightly different from the view I have on FSX. He can see all of the FCP whereas I see as far as the APPR/LAND button.
Edd,That's because Jamie has right clicked on the subdued arrow on the FCP to left shift the entire glareshield just enough to make the entire FCP visible. He's switched from the view a real Captain sees to the "Schizophrenic" view, where the DU's stay in place but the glareshield perspective is from the pedestal. The advantage is that you don't have to constantly left click on the arrow to shift only the FCP just to see the altitude buttons/knobs.Bill

Thanks Bill. I'm now in glorious widescreen.I did have a permissions issue on the PMDG_MD11 folders so manually made changes to the aircraft.cfg files. Seems my load manager can't overwrite them then.Interestingly the FS9 view that Jamie has above is slightly different from the view I have on FSX. He can see all of the FCP whereas I see as far as the APPR/LAND button.Thanks for you help once again.Edd
Edd,If you have a permission issue and the Load Manager cannot write to the aircraft.cfg the wide screen is just one of the problems you will have. The Load Manager will not be able to also set payload data and in case the {FSX}/PMDG folder has no write permission any options you set through the PMDG Menu will not be saved, flight plans and panel states will not be saved, probably keyboard command assignments will also not work as well, and maybe more... Go to the PMDG website at the Downloads->Miscellaneous section:http://www.precisionmanuals.com/priv/pages/down/misc.htmland download and run "MD-11X OSDetect/Fix". This small utility will fix all your problems.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Guest Edd
Edd,If you have a permission issue and the Load Manager cannot write to the aircraft.cfg the wide screen is just one of the problems you will have. The Load Manager will not be able to also set payload data and in case the {FSX}/PMDG folder has no write permission any options you set through the PMDG Menu will not be saved, flight plans and panel states will not be saved, probably keyboard command assignments will also not work as well, and maybe more... Go to the PMDG website at the Downloads->Miscellaneous section:http://www.precisionmanuals.com/priv/pages/down/misc.htmland download and run "MD-11X OSDetect/Fix". This small utility will fix all your problems.
Hi Bill,Thanks. I'll certainly follow up on your recommendations. I must confess I've hardly used the MD since downloading it months ago. I'm only now just finding the time to play!CheersEdd