Sign in to follow this  
Guest Milton

New commander today?

Guest danowat

Hi,According to the commander website the 560A(HC) is coming out today.Does anybody know if it is?.ThanksDan.

What is the website address?

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

My guess would be yes....I remember Milton mentioning they had 6 releases over the period of the next 6 months (IIRC). And the first commander was released about a month ago....*crosses fingers*P.S. Whats the difference between the last one and this one??Thanks!

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Guest danowat

Hi,as far as I can tell its bigger, but it may be more different.Dan.

Guest abent

OH Boy... :-yellow1 This has gotta be good! I've discovered the Commander 520 about 2 weeks ago and haven't flown anything else sinceThe new Commander has got to be fantastic. The quality of Team Commander's work is second to none IMO.I do have one question. I've been to the website a couple of times and seen a number of different panels there. Are they being released with the new 560? I didn't see a link to d/l them, but maybe I just missed it.I wonder if Team Commander takes donations. I donate occasionally to freeware groups/individuals and I definetely have a few quid earmarked for these guys!Adam

Guest abent

Oh yeah, one more question if anyone here can answer. The panel that came with the original download ( I d/l'ed the non-vc version) does not have as many switches on the overhead in the main panel view. I only have one generator switch and the pic of the same panel at the website has 2 generator switches and also another light switch.Is there another version of the classic panel that I'm unaware of?Thanks, Adam

Guest Milton

Hi Dan,The release will likely be Sunday 13th. Scott is out of town on business and we need an adjustment on the VC panel. The beta is going well. :-)Milton Shupe

Guest Milton

Shane,On the surface and at a distance these aircraft appear the same, ... however... lolLonger fuselage, slightly taller, heavier airframe, different main gear scissors design, enclosed augmentors, reworked nacelles with faces, swept tail, new interior, new 560A panel by Scott Thomas, 2-295HP engines, faster cruise and top speeds, 3-bladed props, specular highlites (dynamic shine) and a few others I can't think of right now.Three 560A factory paint schemes grace the exterior by Andr

Guest Milton

Hi Adam, :-)Thank you for the kind words.The panels for all the releases coming are done except for beta testing. Each panel on the site is an era panel for the coming releases. ;-)You can expect a new release every 4-8 weeks until the full series is complete.Milton

Guest Milton

The panel picture on the website is dated I think. The correct picture is in your Documentation folder of the AC520v1. There is only one panel. Great observation ;-) Sorry for the confusion.Milton

Guest danowat

Hi Milton,I look forward to sunday, I love your other commander and your dash 7 too, they are exceptional freeware, thank you for them.Thanks for the responseDan.

Guest abent

Milton, Thanks very much for the responses. I do love the Commander. I also noticed that the Classic panel does not have an ammeter as do a couple of the other panels. Do you think it would be possible to insert the ammeter over by the blank spot under the tach and beside the cylinder temp gauge? I mean could someone with virtually no experience somehow add this gauge/bmp to the cfg/texture folders?I don't know, maybe you folks don't encourageanyone messing with your creations. I wouldn't blame you at all. I just think it would be nice to have the gauge, even if that's not the correct location for it.Thanks a lot, Adam

Guest Milton

Adam,We try very hard to make these panels era-correct and have the support and assistance of the Twin Commander Flight Group along with original pictures and specs.We do not find an ammeter in the original documentation, otherwise obviously it would be on this panel. If you would like to add an ammeter of your choice, it is simple enough to do and you are welcomed to do that. :-)Milton

Guest abent

Again Milton, I commend you guys on your creation of the Commander. I don't really feel eminently qualified to offer praise as I'm not really that familiar with Commanders other than one I was in years ago at Diamond Aviation in Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada. I wasn't in it while it was flying, but rather in the hanger. In any event, it's been some time since I have enjoyed an add-on aircraft of this quality. I get a great deal of joy flying it and especially like to watch the gear retracting from inside the plane just after takeoff and before landing. All the views are stunning and surely the exterior textures are second to none :-beerchug . I'm also a big fan of Barry Blaisdell's (PAD) twin otters and these 2 aircraft comprise the bulk of my little imaginary bush airline.I really have no idea how to insert a gauge, but I think I will investigate the possibility anyway. I look forward to your new Commander release(s). I would appreciate your giving me an address where I can send a donation, assuming you people accept them. I can only imagine the amount of time and effort that goes into producing add-on aircraft of this quality.Thanks again, Adam :-)