Sign in to follow this  
Guest Milton

New commander today?

Guest abent

Hi Scott, I placed the gauge and notice that it does not have a gauge surround. I suspect that the surround is part of the panel bitmap. Am I correct?. If so, I guess that means that I cannot put a surround around the gauge, right?Thanks again, Adam

Guest Grey_Wolf

Its great and wonderful, Milton. Better than some payware. So far it seams all of your commander series will have a permanent home on my hard drive.But I did find two minor flubs :(the ADF gauge in the DVC has a typo, it readgauge37=ST_560!LEAR_ADF radio, 427,7,56,64 and needs to readgauge37=ST_560!ST_LEAR_ADF radio, 427,7,56,64 for it to workAlso the ST_560!GlideSlopeRadio gauge interfers with the key command to select and change NAV1 frequencys, Its one of the neatest lil NAV1 gauges I've seen But I had to loose it so I could use the keycommands and my home made (semi working) Stand alone NAV1.Both trivial issues, though it would be nice if the NAV1 worked with the defult keycommands as well. All in all its still a fantastic work.Keep up the great work, I'm looking forward to more of the Commander variants. (and maybe a repaint kit :) )Having FunGrey_Wolf

Adam,The gauge surround is bitmapped on the main panel bitmap. All you need to do is open the bitmap, surround and copy the surround of the size you want, and paste it where you want the AMP gauge! Also, a note...the early Commanders did not have two Alternators/Generators. Only one, on the Left engine. If I remember correctly, this was because the Vacuum pump was on the other engine!Let me know if gauge deal works out for ya!Scott

Guest Milton

Hey Grey_Wolf,Thanks for the heads up. Scott is aware of this and we await his response.Have fun! :-)Milton

Guest Milton

Thanks Grey_Wolf, :-)Though you have corrected the VC ADF gauge name issue, others may have it.I have uploaded a panel.cfg for the VC version to correct this naming for the VC gauge.It can be downloaded here: www.flightsimonline.com/ac560temp/panel.zipThe Nav1 issues are more complicated and involve gauge programming changes. We will likely have to live with that issue.Thank you for reporting this. Milton

Guest abent

Will do Scott. Thanks a lot man! Your help is invaluable to me! I think I will remove the right generator switch I installed to keep it a little more true to form.Thanks again, Adam

Guest abent

Awesome new plane gentlemen. I got it yesterday. I think I may have a corrupted download though because when I look back/right, the lower half of the cabin is missing. I can see the top half nicely and the engine nacelle and gear. My girlfriend happened to be standing nearby when I first went to that view and she remarked, "That must be a windy ride"! :-lol . I guess I'll try downloading it again, unless it's something I can fix.Thanks again and love the Commander series, Adam

Guest abent

Another question for you Commander guys.I bought Scott Campbell's ACLoader v.4 and want to get the Commander set up in the program. However I need some more data on the aircraft. I searched the web extensively but cannot find detailed data. I need to know such things as: - cabin length and width - height from COG - Max TOW (I'm guessing 5700 lbs) - Max ZFW - # of seats (I know it says 4-7 seats) - Max cargo weightAlso I should ask: ACLoader writes to the aircraft .cfg. Will it work with your plane or do you recommend that I not mess with the .cfg?Do you guys have any leads where I might be able to dig this info up?Thanks, Adam

Guest wkzzo

I have the non VC version and I also have the same problem with the rear right bitmap ,the lower half of it is missing ,although I can see nothing wrong with the bitmap or cfg file ,I ended up replacing that bitmap with the one from the AC520 and it works fine now.

Guest Milton

There is a replacement "view" bitmap that corrects the problem.This is documented on the Commander Support site on the FAQ's and Known Problems page.www.flightsimonline.com/commanderMilton

Guest Milton

There is a replacement "view" bitmap that corrects the problem.This is documented on the Commander Support site on the FAQ's and Known Problems page.www.flightsimonline.com/commanderMilton

Adam,I got a notification of a forum message about the gauge surround...but I dont know how to find it! LOL!Scott

Guest abent

Ha...I have no idea. I just sent it 'cause I didn't see an email icon in your profile.Anyway, I was just inquiring as to what program you use to open the bitmap and do the modifications.Awesome panel BTW!Thanks Scott, Adam