Sign in to follow this  
Lars Peter

First flight 2009-real

Hello.January 1. 2009,. we do a sort of bushflying in my area in Norway.Frozen lakes is a favorite for our local flying club.See the video.

Watch i high quality mode full screen and take the tour.Take care.Lars Peter.

Guest Seadog

That was a very enjoyable video, nicely edited, and a fascinating look at your area. From takeoff to return landing, it was a pleasant experience.Thanks for providing the link. I think I'll watch it again.-Doug

Thanks for providing the link. I think I'll watch it again.-Doug
I was trying capture the streaming video since I would like to keep a copy of it. While I have software that will capture most streaming media this one didn't work. What is the YouTube format? Anything mpeg or wmv will download. But then, if this video will stay on YouTube I don't really need to keep a copy to watch it again.Regarding Piper Cherokee and Archer, please educate me -- how can we tell the difference between the various versions? I know that the "140" part defines the engine. Cherokees came with a lot of different engine options.Regarding frozen lake runways, what's the minimum safe thickness of the ice? Here in western Norway we hardly see a safe ice cover for skating or ice fishing anymore :(

Hans,The YouTube format is flash video. Once you have the URL of the video clip (above) you can paste it into http://www.downloadyoutubevideos.com/and download to your PC. You need to give the downloaded file a *.flv extension. You also need to have a flash video player installed, there are some free ones on the web.I was wondering about the ice as well. Like how do you know if it is going to be thick enough? You can hardly back out after a wheel has gone through the ice can you... :( CheersBruce H

Guest Seadog

Hans, I just used the "Play It Again" function. I did not download and save the video for later replay. Bruce's answer is the first indication I've had of a way to do that.All very good questions, by the way, and I wondered the same things. That was part of the fascination of watching it, a tour of an entirely different existence to the one I live in.-Doug

Hello.You can download the video using this link:http://www.videodl.org/You have to rename the file as ---.flv, or ----.vlc.I am using the vlc mediaplayer, and this is very good.Link:http://www.videolan.org/The thickness of the ice this day was 10cm of what we call "steel ice", very solid.Today it is about 20 cm and can take a pressure of at least 4 tons before braking up.The conditions are measured by different checkpoints at the lake by drilling holes to see the thickness and quality of the ice.The lake is 18 km long, so there is a lot of space for larger aircrafts also.The Piper Archer is sort of an upgrated Piper PA-28 Warrior.It has other wing strukture then PA-28 Cherokee and some different engine hood as the visual points.Lars Peter.

Guest CaptRolo

Thanks for posting a very good video .