Sign in to follow this  
Guest JimC1702

Carenado 172 is now available

Guest JimC1702

in case you missed it. I've enjoyed the Flight 1 172 for quite awhile but I"ve been looking forward to Carenado's version. I just bought the Carenado 182 and Mooney package and the Captain Sim C-130 so I'm a little leery of grabbing another plane right now.Oh well, it's only money. :)Jim

in case you missed it. I've enjoyed the Flight 1 172 for quite awhile but I"ve been looking forward to Carenado's version. I just bought the Carenado 182 and Mooney package and the Captain Sim C-130 so I'm a little leery of grabbing another plane right now.Oh well, it's only money. :)Jim
Darn, it looks like the 172 I used to fly too.Darn you, Carenado! Darn you!!!! *Shakes fist in the air*:(

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Thanks for the heads-up Jim. This is where it all started for me. I got my SEL VFR certificate in the 172N. This is an exact model. Even the color is the same. The tail number is N98873 and registered to Alpha Tango in San Antonio, TX. After many years and many hours in many different planes this one is still my favorite. I have pictures post landing after my first solo and then first cross country solo in the 172N. My shirt tail was cut to signify getting my wings. I have tears now.

Oh no, not another Cessna :( Although this one does look rather sweet.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

I picked it up last night but haven't done much more than check out the visual model. Excellent exterior and VC, but I was disappointed in the avionics. A dual Cessna navcom panel, without autopilot or glideslope. The Flight 1 C172 panel includes an autopilot and full ILS capability. Strangely, the pilot in the Carenado 172 looks like he's sleeping.

This is part of the fun of buying an authentic simulation of an actual aircraft..It comes with the instruments that are in fact installed!Most 172 trainers do not have an autopilot.Better wake up the pilot though... he/she's the only guy/gal flying the airplane. :(

Bert

This is part of the fun of buying an authentic simulation of an actual aircraft..It comes with the instruments that are in fact installed!Most 172 trainers do not have an autopilot.Better wake up the pilot though... he/she's the only guy/gal flying the airplane. :(
Now you have a choice of 172's... Flight1's has an authentic representation of the Bendix King avionics of the last of the pre Garmin G1000 aircraft and allows for an instrument platform, Carenado's gives you an older example with the same very simple avionics many of these actual aircraft have. BTW there is a another name for those ARC radios installed in the older Cessnas. They are called boat anchors.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Now you have a choice of 172's... Flight1's has an authentic representation of the Bendix King avionics of the last of the pre Garmin G1000 aircraft and allows for an instrument platform, Carenado's gives you an older example with the same very simple avionics many of these actual aircraft have. BTW there is a another name for those ARC radios installed in the older Cessnas. They are called boat anchors.
Flight1's 172 combined with Rob Young's original air file for the stock 172 gave me hundreds of hours of GA joy. I'll have to try out this new version to see how it's going to perform. Thanks for the heads up.

It looks nice but a lot of their products use the exact same gauge design. I can't figure out why the 182 is 20 bucks and the 172 is 27 bucks - What makes the 172 worth the extra 7?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest JimC1702

I really looked forward to this one, but without any advanced avionics, I'm passing. I already have the Cherokee 180 if I want to hand fly something, and the Flight 1 172, so I can't justify the $27.00 for this.Jim

Flight1's 172 combined with Rob Young's original air file for the stock 172 gave me hundreds of hours of GA joy. I'll have to try out this new version to see how it's going to perform. Thanks for the heads up.
Where can I find that air file? I've never swapped out air files, but that may be a good place to start. Thanks

A little OT but in case anyone missed it Alexander Metzger made a bunch of new flight dynamics for most of the default FSX aircraft. Here is his site:http://www.metzgergva.de/

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |