Sign in to follow this  
Guest IanSmith

Brilliant!

Guest ianrivaldosmith

Hi all, got FS9 running brilliantly! Absolutely amazing with PMDG and FS2crew Active Sky FS Passengers Track IR 4 etc etc etc...immersion complete. Full stop. Time to learn and fly!Well almost, one minor thing. A few minor stutters here and there. Now Im thinking maybe this is My AI causing this? Only really happens around complex airports with lots of AI?Just really want to know, those with similar systems to mine and running everthing maxed out with all the latest addons, what CFG tweaks you using? More Specifically, the TextureMaxLoad= and Texture_Bandwith_Multi= these seem to have the greatest impact? what would be best for a system like mine? Ive heard varying reports from 200-400 for the multi and 10 for the load?Cheers!IanQ6600@3.4ghz (Idle at 37C, tops at 55C under load 100%)Inno 3D 8800GT 512MB Standard ClocksSamsung Syncmaster 22" 1680x1050. 60HZ. Frames locked at 30FPS and VSYNC on4GB OCZ 800MHZ platinum RAM 5-5-5-18Track IR 4 ProSaitek X52

Yes, that sounds right. You get little stutters as the plane's textures load and unload. You can always move the AI Traffic slider to 0 and check out the airport then.Hope this helps,

Guest ianrivaldosmith
Yes, that sounds right. You get little stutters as the plane's textures load and unload. You can always move the AI Traffic slider to 0 and check out the airport then.Hope this helps,
So, is there anyway to eliminate this effect by adjusting the Texture bandiwth multi or texturemaxload? Ive watched some videos of fs9 in action and in some cases this stutter doesnt appear? Ive fully defragged my drive and use only WOAI AI.Ian

Guest rekhraj

decrease ur scenery complexity or your framerates...it happened to me too...so after doing so...it was fine....i'm using WOAI and its fills up my aiports....and the airport is extremely detailed right down to the reflecting glass panels :)

Guest ianrivaldosmith

Ive looked into this further, it seems turning VSYNC off eliminates the stuttering completely, however introduces the annoying horizontal screen flicker! And enabling VSYNC just stutters FS9, even with triple buffering selected. Hmmmm