Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mike_2011

CLB THRUST

Guest Mike_2011

OK I took off passing 65 N1 T/O Activated but the AC will not follow the rule bellow 10000 feet 250kts it goes directly to 340kts bellow 10k.

OK I took off passing 65 N1 T/O Activated but the AC will not follow the rule bellow 10000 feet 250kts it goes directly to 340kts bellow 10k.
The 250 restriction should automatically be set in the FMC, maybe you removed the restiction by accident?What about decent, Does it drop to 245knots automatically?Jay V

Guest Mike_2011
The 250 restriction should automatically be set in the FMC, maybe you removed the restiction by accident?What about decent, Does it drop to 245knots automatically?Jay V
What I usually do I load the route from Co route should I do it manually like 250/10000 or is this supposed to be entered automatically by the FMC also on Descent I have not checked that one out

Guest SwissMD11

I know, I've also wondered in which page of the MCDU should I enter the 250/10000 restriction ?

I know, I've also wondered in which page of the MCDU should I enter the 250/10000 restriction ?
Unlike the Airbus/Boeing FMC's, you cannot "remove" the restriction as such. You can simply change the speed target below 10,000. On the F-PLN page, click one of the right LSK's to access the VERT REVision page. You can edit the speed there.There's no reason to "add" the 250kt restriction, as it's coded into the profile.

Guest Mike_2011
Unlike the Airbus/Boeing FMC's, you cannot "remove" the restriction as such. You can simply change the speed target below 10,000. On the F-PLN page, click one of the right LSK's to access the VERT REVision page. You can edit the speed there.There's no reason to "add" the 250kt restriction, as it's coded into the profile.
Well I have to do it because for some reason I did what you said on the VERT Revision and I had 271/10000 so its not programed on the Profile because its exceeding 250kts bellow 10k?

Well I have to do it because for some reason I did what you said on the VERT Revision and I had 271/10000 so its not programed on the Profile because its exceeding 250kts bellow 10k?
Are you saying it said 271/10000 before any entry by you? If so, it will do that depending on weight. It will either climb at 250 kts, or it will climb at the minimum clean speed (Or close to it. I'm not sure the exact number) over 250 kts. So if you are at a certain weight that causes the minimum clean speed to be 255 kts, it will climb at that speed, instead of 250 kts.Hopefully this makes some sense. It's late. :(

Guest Mike_2011
Are you saying it said 271/10000 before any entry by you? If so, it will do that depending on weight. It will either climb at 250 kts, or it will climb at the minimum clean speed (Or close to it. I'm not sure the exact number) over 250 kts. So if you are at a certain weight that causes the minimum clean speed to be 255 kts, it will climb at that speed, instead of 250 kts.Hopefully this makes some sense. It's late. :(
Yes it said 271 before any entry by me. But I am not that Heavy GW is around 560000 doing KBOS-LIRF

If it was already at 271/10000, that's where it should be. Nothing to be worried about, just the plane telling you that's where it wants to be. :(Try reducing that weight down to around 400,000 lbs and see what happens.

Guest Mike_2011

So he wants to be at 271 but he wont exceed 250? because for some reason the A/T will only follow flap restrictions once I raise slats and flaps it rockets to 340-350kts bellow 10k.

Yes it said 271 before any entry by me. But I am not that Heavy GW is around 560000 doing KBOS-LIRF
560 is no featherweight. Remember MGTOW is 630. You were at nearly 90% load. Given the MD11's speeds are higher than other planes, that seems reasonable. Just advise ATC beforehand that your clean speed is 270kt.

So he wants to be at 271 but he wont exceed 250?
It should climb at 271 kts. What do you mean "he won't exceed 250"?
because for some reason the A/T will only follow flap restrictions once I raise slats and flaps it rockets to 340-350kts bellow 10k.
Can you post a picture of what the panel looks like when this happens?

Guest Mike_2011
It should climb at 271 kts. What do you mean "he won't exceed 250"? Can you post a picture of what the panel looks like when this happens?
He or she am taking about the A/TSure on my next flight I will post pics of it

He or she am taking about the A/TSure on my next flight I will post pics of it
Sorry, I should have thought that out a little more.What I meant is when does it not exceed 250 kts? It that when the flaps/slats are still out? That's what's supposed to happen. It's not going to accelerate past a certain speed, because otherwise the flaps/slats will break/get torn off (In the real world). She's a smart plane. :(