Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG MD-11 Updates Available

Yes thanks for the patch.I too find the DOME lights no longer work in the VC. And the "thunderstorm" lights look worse than before the patch.
Can you post here (copy/paste) the [lights] and [smoke] sections of the aircraft.cfg (the from the PMDG_MD11 folder if you noticed this in the pax version or the PMDF_MD11F if you noticed this in the cargo version).Also give us the version number that appears on the top of the aircraft.cfg file.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Can you post here (copy/paste) the [lights] and [smoke] sections of the aircraft.cfg (the from the PMDG_MD11 folder if you noticed this in the pax version or the PMDF_MD11F if you noticed this in the cargo version).Also give us the version number that appears on the top of the aircraft.cfg file.
Hy,here it is. The prob is in the Pax and also in the Fright.. I usesd the old one and patch it today. Thanks for your`re support.A. Machner Edited by alex555550

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////09JAN09//VERSION 1.10.0051//PMDG MD-11F (cargo) for FSX///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////[LIGHTS]//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobes, 3=Navigation, 4=Cockpit, 5=landing, 6=taxi, 7=recognition, 8=wing, 9=Logolight.0 = 8, -85.231,  23.611, -1.000, fx_PMDG_MD11_winglight,light.1 = 7, -85.231, -23.611, -1.000, fx_PMDG_MD11_winglight,light.2 = 2, -14.500,   0.00, -10.750, fx_PMDG_MD11_LL_Light,light.3 = 9,  -7.025,   0.00,   4.263, fx_PMDG_MD11_emerlights,[SMOKESYSTEM]smoke.0 = -7.025,   0.00,   4.263, fx_PMDG_MD11_cockpit,

I was using the cargo version (FEDEX livery, installed prior to update).I installed the update and just ran FSX to try the update. I didnt go into the load manager first, maybe I should have done that?Btw, I was also able to lock up FSX about 5 mins into the first MD11X flight after installing the update. I loaded a preupdate flight plan into the FMS (VTBD to VTSP), flew the Sid (CHRIS2 21R), before completing the SID I decided to head back to VTBD to land. So after passing BD011 I set up a new dest from the current waypoint BD012 back to VTBD (Paula Star), and then hang! Mouse still moved but I could not get out of FSX (screen frozen). I think just as I was making the Lat Rev from BD012 for the new destination, I actually flew over BD012, and so it was no longer the current waypoint. Could that be a bug? If you are making a Lat Rev from the current waypoint, and then you fly over the current waypoint whilst still making the Lat Rev, the MD11X hangs?In anycase, congrats on the update! A enormous number of fixes.

Matthew S

Still no "stabilizer motion" warning tone added?I hear on the real MD11 there should have such a warning if stabilizer moved beyond a certain degree. Hope can have this in the futureJames

With the release of future updates, will it be possible to download the full version of the software without having to purchase the extended download option? I'm planning to re-format soon, and it would be nice if I could re-install the MD11 and 744 with one executable instead of having to do the original then the patch.Paul

With the release of future updates, will it be possible to download the full version of the software without having to purchase the extended download option? I'm planning to re-format soon, and it would be nice if I could re-install the MD11 and 744 with one executable instead of having to do the original then the patch.Paul
If you save your original downloads and patches and keep your documentation,its not necessary to buy extended download options.I follow the same principles with all payware software.SAVE IT ON OTHER MEDIA,I.E. CD's or DVD.sRon

Ron Service

The flight crew animation feature in the FS9 version does not seem to be working. Basically the Flt crew seems to be static. Is this a limitation with in FS9?
That's right, the FS9 flight crew is not animated.VinPMDG

Vin Scimone

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

HelloMany thanks maybe an update one day to have the 3 panels zoomed at the same time like 747 and 737 ? PFD ND EICAS ? in the fs9 vrsion ? Kind regardsPatrick

Are there any plans to fix this; or is this a firm answer?
It's not broken. It's just a feature we did not include in the FS9 version. This will not change.VinPMDG

Vin Scimone

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Still no "stabilizer motion" warning tone added?I hear on the real MD11 there should have such a warning if stabilizer moved beyond a certain degree. Hope can have this in the futureJames
Its already there.......

Its already there.......
I believe the stabilizer has to be moved in a constant motion beyond a certain amount for the "Stabilizer Motion" aural to occur. Like, if you trim for several seconds in one direction or the other. You need to trim nonstop for a bit in order to hear that, and inflight only. It's not heard very often in real life, either.Tim

Paul-Generally speaking, that isn't part of our normal operating procedure. If we find that we have to issue an update shortly after release in order to fix something that is bothersome to the release in general (the mixed nose door animations are a good example...) Then we'll suggest folks redownload from their existing links.Once we get outside that link expiration, it really isn't feasible for us to reset each link individually...That isn't to say we haven't done it- or won't at some point in the future- but generally speaking we don't like to do this because of the time required.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

I believe the stabilizer has to be moved in a constant motion beyond a certain amount for the "Stabilizer Motion" aural to occur. Like, if you trim for several seconds in one direction or the other. You need to trim nonstop for a bit in order to hear that, and inflight only. It's not heard very often in real life, either.Tim
I had to move the stab trim from around 4 nose up to under 1 before I heard "Stabilizer Motion" aural, but it's there. ITVV Martinair video seems much more sensitive, I wonder if this was a option.Jay V

Guest moreno65

Hello, if you wanted to point out in the next patch, you could adjust the lighting of the panel: Vc is all in black with only the lights of the instruments, while in D2 with the same settings is not very clear and realistic! Practically you also fail to turn the lights! See the photos attached, then I hope wx radar and insert the words at the bottom right corner lcd course the word "range" as in reality. You can add the press manager of the Load? Otherwise, every time we need to close the simulator to see the parameters, for example, see load Flymaddog manager! I am available for work, I want much to expect that this aircraft for years. Hello, Moreno