Sign in to follow this  
Orlaam

Another Great Flight with ASA

Not to be a pest or irritate those with ASA problems, but I just completed another perfect flight with it. Wx matched at take-off and landing, and appeared to be consistent enroute. Had some nice turbulence, which I PIREP'd, and a few gusts on climb out. All in all a great flight.I'm enjoying ASA! Thanks HiFi! :(

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Not to be a pest or irritate those with ASA problems, but I just completed another perfect flight with it. Wx matched at take-off and landing, and appeared to be consistent enroute. Had some nice turbulence, which I PIREP'd, and a few gusts on climb out. All in all a great flight.I'm enjoying ASA! Thanks HiFi! :(
I'm happy for you!If you are using ASA with FS9, could you tell me what you are doing to eliminate the drastic wind shifts that some of us are having?

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

You're not gonna like this...I'm doing anything! :( I have FS9 and FSX installed, but I really haven't touched FSX for a while and not once since installing ASA. My FS9 FSUIPC version is registered 3.85 and I have no Wx boxes check in FSUIPC. The only Wx related item checked is the barometer smoothing.I load ASA, and while it's doing its thing, I plan my flight with charts or whatever I can while not starting the sim. Once ASA is ready, I import my flight plan and check the METARs and map for important data I need for the flight. Then I run FS9 and get it ready with just a default MS plane. I Alt-tab and watch until ASA is done depicting the first Wx write. Then I go back into the sim and load my plane (tonights was the PMDG MD-11F) and get the plane ready for flight. That's it! I fly from point A to B and maybe once or twice Alt-tab to look at the map (haven't installed the in-flight Wx gauge yet).I've done a few flights now with ASA and they were fine. FWIW, I don't fly long-hauls and pretty much just stay in the U.S.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

You're not gonna like this...I'm doing anything! :( I have FS9 and FSX installed, but I really haven't touched FSX for a while and not once since installing ASA. My FS9 FSUIPC version is registered 3.85 and I have no Wx boxes check in FSUIPC. The only Wx related item checked is the barometer smoothing.I load ASA, and while it's doing its thing, I plan my flight with charts or whatever I can while not starting the sim. Once ASA is ready, I import my flight plan and check the METARs and map for important data I need for the flight. Then I run FS9 and get it ready with just a default MS plane. I Alt-tab and watch until ASA is done depicting the first Wx write. Then I go back into the sim and load my plane (tonights was the PMDG MD-11F) and get the plane ready for flight. That's it! I fly from point A to B and maybe once or twice Alt-tab to look at the map (haven't installed the in-flight Wx gauge yet).I've done a few flights now with ASA and they were fine. FWIW, I don't fly long-hauls and pretty much just stay in the U.S.
Interesting. Almost exactly the same as me. Except that it looks like you have a registered FSUIPC (though I may be wrong) - the ability to do barometer smoothing makes me think that.I think I'm coming round to the idea that I just might as well register FSUIPC if i want to get rid of these terrible wind shifts - unless of course Hi-Fi can fix them in an update. Regretably ASA is unusable for me. Fortunately i have AS6.5 :-)How are you enjoying the MD-11? I'm really enjoying the challenge of learning things 'the Douglas way.'

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Yes, my FSUIPC is registered. I bought it a few years ago to have some of the other features needed then, plus the controller options.The MD-11 is great. I wanted a top-quality payware MD-11 since before PMDG announced it a few years back. I really love the tri-jet configuration and the MD-11 is perfect because it modernizes the old DC-10, which is a cool plane, but I think the DC-10 panel is ugly. The MD-11 sure is different though as you mentioned. I have an MD-82 (LSH), but I don't find the MD-11 is very similar at all. My flights have gone fairly good, but I need to get my head in the manual.

- Chris