Sign in to follow this  
jjf

Autobrake key mapping

Hi there,I cannot seem to find a way to map the autobrakes to a key command in the MD11 (both versions), under the PMDG keyboard options.Is there meant to be one, or can I just not see it for looking?If not, is there another way with FSUIPC that I can map a key command to set RTO mode for example?ThanksJonathan Fenech

Hi there,I cannot seem to find a way to map the autobrakes to a key command in the MD11 (both versions), under the PMDG keyboard options.Is there meant to be one, or can I just not see it for looking?If not, is there another way with FSUIPC that I can map a key command to set RTO mode for example?ThanksJonathan Fenech
Jonathan,You can use the default FS key commands for "autobrakes increase" and "autobrakes decrease". By default no key is assigned to these commands but you can change that from the FS controls menu.There is a table in the Introduction document of the manuals (p. 23 in FS9 version, p. 33 in FSX) that lists all native FS key commands that the MD-11 is aware of and can be used in addition to those provided through the PMDG key commands menu. An additional advantage of using these native commands is that you can assign them to either keyboard keys or joystic buttons.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Jonathan,You can use the default FS key commands for "autobrakes increase" and "autobrakes decrease". By default no key is assigned to these commands but you can change that from the FS controls menu.There is a table in the Introduction document of the manuals (p. 23 in FS9 version, p. 33 in FSX) that lists all native FS key commands that the MD-11 is aware of and can be used in addition to those provided through the PMDG key commands menu. An additional advantage of using these native commands is that you can assign them to either keyboard keys or joystic buttons.
Thanks Michael.I can get this to work in FSX but there is no autobrake increase and decrease in the native FS9.Is there some other way to do this in FS9?Jonathan

Thanks Michael.I can get this to work in FSX but there is no autobrake increase and decrease in the native FS9.Is there some other way to do this in FS9?Jonathan
Jonathan,Yes there is. A bit complicated but it will work.The autobrakes increase/descrease commands are implemented in FS9 but it seems that Microsoft forgot to include them in the menu. You can still make the assignments in the FS9.cfg file:Go to the "Documents and Settings\{user name goes here}\Application Data\Microsoft\FS9" folderBackup the FS9.cfg file just in case Open FS9.cfg with a text editor and locate the [KEYBOARD_MAIN] sectionWithin this section add these two lines:INCREASE_AUTOBRAKE_CONTROL=a,bDECREASE_AUTOBRAKE_CONTROL=a,ba is the code for the keyboard key you want to assign. The list of codes can be found in the FSUIPC for Advanced Users.pdf document at page 20.b is the code of the key modifier (shift, ctrl, alt, etc.). The list of codes can be found in the FSUIPC for Advanced Users.pdf document at page 27.So, for example to assign Ctrl+Q and Shift+Q the entries will be:INCREASE_AUTOBRAKE_CONTROL=81,2DECREASE_AUTOBRAKE_CONTROL=81,1(81 is for "Q", 2 is for Ctrl, 1 is for shift)Save the file and you're done.Make sure the key combinations you assign are not already used by any custom PMDG keyboard command assignments.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Thank you so much Michael, that works perfectly. Jonathan