Sign in to follow this  
JET 1

FS9 version: two problems

HiA couple of problems I ran into trying to get started.1. When I try to input numbers into the FMC with a decimal place, they get rounded up or down. I'm not using the keyboard input facility.Example:109.5 on the scratchpad -> hit LSK -> ends up as 109.00 on the NAV RAD pageZFW typed on scratchpad 178.1 -> ends up as 178.0CG 15.6 -> ends up as 15.02. Flying the tutorial flight. Starting from the Load Manager and making sure the ZFW and ZFW CG and fuel numbers match the tutorial and save the information. Set up the plane and takeoff as per tutorial instructions.The plane does seem a little bit unstable and out of trim on climbout.Once I hit Autoflight around 1500ft AGL to give control to the AP, momentarily after that the Stab trim arrow on the SD hits full aft, the starts blinking and the planes starts to bob up and down while flying. I managed to climb to plane to altitude bobbig up and down all the way and ended the flight there. Elevators can be seen blinking green (moving restlessly) on the CONF page and spot view. Controls were checked prior to TO and no problems with other planes. I'm using a CH yoke.Let me know if other info is needed.Thanks.-Kyle

HiA couple of problems I ran into trying to get started.1. When I try to input numbers into the FMC with a decimal place, they get rounded up or down. I'm not using the keyboard input facility.Example:109.5 on the scratchpad -> hit LSK -> ends up as 109.00 on the NAV RAD pageZFW typed on scratchpad 178.1 -> ends up as 178.0CG 15.6 -> ends up as 15.02. Flying the tutorial flight. Starting from the Load Manager and making sure the ZFW and ZFW CG and fuel numbers match the tutorial and save the information. Set up the plane and takeoff as per tutorial instructions.The plane does seem a little bit unstable and out of trim on climbout.Once I hit Autoflight around 1500ft AGL to give control to the AP, momentarily after that the Stab trim arrow on the SD hits full aft, the starts blinking and the planes starts to bob up and down while flying. I managed to climb to plane to altitude bobbig up and down all the way and ended the flight there. Elevators can be seen blinking green (moving restlessly) on the CONF page and spot view. Controls were checked prior to TO and no problems with other planes. I'm using a CH yoke.Let me know if other info is needed.Thanks.-Kyle
Kyle, In the windows control panel "regional and language options" check that you have "." (period) as the decimal separator. If not this could be the cause of all your problems.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

MichaelIn anticipation of this kind of problems with different programs, I always have English (United States) selected in the regional options. Still the same problem.Some additional remarks - Right clickin the ZFW and CG buttons should bring the correct value on the scratchpad, right? If I do that, on the scratchpad I get the correct value in the format 15,6 with a comma as the decimal separator, not point, regardless of my regional settings! If I try to enter that value with a comma, I get a FORMAT error. Try to type it in myself with the FMC keypad as 15.6 (point) -> 15.0 appears on CG ..

UPDATE, ALL SOLVEDI nailed it. It was a surprising turn actually.I had EUROPEAN units and all airline options to metric, kg, celsius etc. selected from the PMDG menu. Apparently this does NOT work if you have US regional settings in Windows. I set the Finnish regional settings on (which use COMMA as the decimal separator), and now everything works as it should, including the Panel state problem I mentioned in another thread!usually it is the other way around like you mentioned, go figure!

MichaelIn anticipation of this kind of problems with different programs, I always have English (United States) selected in the regional options. Still the same problem.Some additional remarks - Right clickin the ZFW and CG buttons should bring the correct value on the scratchpad, right? If I do that, on the scratchpad I get the correct value in the format 15,6 with a comma as the decimal separator, not point, regardless of my regional settings! If I try to enter that value with a comma, I get a FORMAT error. Try to type it in myself with the FMC keypad as 15.6 (point) -> 15.0 appears on CG ..
This is definitely a decimal separator problem. Is there any other application running at the same time (FS addon or not). I seems that some other application is changing the decimal separator to "," overwriting you regional options settings while it is running.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Playing around with the decimal settings in XP didn't help me with the panel state problem. Again: the panel state seems to be saved but it doesn't reload when the FS-flight is reloaded.Also some positions are not save e.g. the TEMP SEL knobs for the compartmens. Is it only one calibre for P and F versions in the panel state file?Denis