Sign in to follow this  
Guest JollyRoger

Help with panel.cfg

Guest JollyRoger

Hi all!I'm trying to add Rob Barendregt's GPWS gauge (rcbgp-33.zip here at AVSIM) to some panels. One of the gauges that has to be added to the panel.cfg is this one:gauge**=GPWS_Sound!dsd_xml_sound3, 0,0,,, ./sound/GPWS/Sound.iniI know that the gauge has to look in the FS main sound folder and then in the GPWS subfolder for the Sound.ini file. But what does ./ exactly mean? Does it mean ' go back one folder ' or ' go back to FS main folder ' ? If it means ' go back one folder ' is it possible to use ././ to go back two folders?Many thanks!J.R.

That is set up based on the assumption that the sound gauge in your gauges folder... so it make it go back one folder, then into the main FS9 Sound folder, then into the GPWS folder.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Guest JollyRoger
That is set up based on the assumption that the sound gauge in your gauges folder... so it make it go back one folder, then into the main FS9 Sound folder, then into the GPWS folder.
Ok, thanks!The point is that I like to put all the gauges for a specific aircraft into its panel folder. So if I do that here, it must go back more than one folder to get to sound.ini (panel > back to specific aircraft folder > back to main FS aircraft folder > back to FS main folder > forward to main FS sound folder > forward to GPWS subfolder).Is this a valid command to get there?./././sound/GPWS/sound.iniOr is it rather that way?.../sound/GPWS/sound.iniThanks for help!J.R.

If you intend to only use the GPWS gauge with one aircraft... your approach is fine. However, duplicating gauge resources across multiple aircraft isn't a good approach.As I already stated... the current entry goes up one folder to the main FS9 folder. If you were to try to go up another folder, you'd be in the Microsoft Games folder (assuming default installation). You don't want to go there.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

The path listed as the "5th parameter" of that gauge entry is relative to the \Aircraft folder...D:\FS9\Aircraftso ../sound/GPWS/Sound.inisays, "go back one level then go to the D:\FS9\Sound\GPWS\ folder and find the Sound.ini file.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest JollyRoger

Thanks for your help!Now I have the following:- all GPWS gauges are in the <FS9\Aircraft\My_Aircraft_With_GPWS\Panel> folder- all GPWS sounds (and the .ini) are located in <FS9\Sound\GPWS> folder- the gauge code in the panel.cfg is: gauge**=GPWS_Sound!dsd_xml_sound3, 0,0,,, ./././sound/GPWS/Sound.iniAnd somehow... it works perfectly!!! :( Greets and thanks again for your help!J.R.