Sign in to follow this  
stefltt

MD11 SP1

Hi,the SP1 for FS9 and FSX is released. Do I need to wait a FS2Crew patch before installing the SP1 from PMDG, or will the original FS2crew work with the new SP1 from PMDG ?

vpa055.png

Hi,the SP1 for FS9 and FSX is released. Do I need to wait a FS2Crew patch before installing the SP1 from PMDG, or will the original FS2crew work with the new SP1 from PMDG ?
Hello Stefan,You are safe to install the just released PMDG FS9 and FSX updates for the MD-11.So install away.Neither of these two updates touch the MD-11's panel.cfg file, so your FS2Crew install is totally unaffected.An update on the FS2Crew FSX Update: We're aiming for next week. All this update will do in port over the improvements I made in the FS9 version over to the FSX version.Enjoy your MD-11. It's a great bird.Cheers,

Hello Stefan,You are safe to install the just released PMDG FS9 and FSX updates for the MD-11.So install away.Neither of these two updates touch the MD-11's panel.cfg file, so your FS2Crew install is totally unaffected.Thank you for the info. I would appreciate some clarification on the following statement in the FSX version update: "3. Revised panel.cfg for higher resolution flood light mapping. This will remove the heavilydithered look (although will not remove it completely)"Thanks, I look forward to your response.Dan

Hi Dan,I installed both FSX and FS9 PMDG updates and the panel.cfg was not touched. Also PMDG told me that the Panel.CFGs would not be touched (overwritten).Regardless, I'll double check with PMDG to clarify what they meant.Thank for the point out; that could definitely cause some confusion.Cheers,

Update: I just spoke to Robert Randazzo to see exactly what he did with the panel.cfg.The PMDG Update Installer edits the VC Section of the pre-existing panel.cfg file only. It does not overwrite the Panel.CFG.So as mentioned, installing the PMDG Updates has no impact on FS2Crew and FS2Crew has no impact on the PMDG updates.You're safe and good to go.Cheers,

Thanks for your quick response, I appretiate the clarification.Thanks to the team for this great product, PMDG MD11 and FS2Crew, it doesn't get beter than this.Regards,Danny

Thanks for your quick response, I appretiate the clarification.Thanks to the team for this great product, PMDG MD11 and FS2Crew, it doesn't get beter than this.Regards,Danny
Danny,Glad to hear you like FS2Crew PMDG MD11 :( Do help spread the word!Cheers,