Sign in to follow this  
Guest John_164

PMDG MD-11 and Aerosoft MCP/EFIS/EICAS

Guest John_164

I own the Aerosoft 747 MCP/EFIS/EICAS.Is there a possibility to use this hardware on the MD-11.When I choice the tab FS2004, PMDG 737 or PMDG 747 nothing will works in my cockpit.I know it's not a layout from the panel of the MD-11, but maybe some functions will be worked on this plane.Regards,

Guest John_164

Who knows a solution for it ?

Who knows a solution for it ?
As far as I know, there will not be harware support for the Aerosoft MCP neither for the CPFlight MCP. I asked Lefteris Kalamaris, former PMDG developer and now founder of flightsimlabs.com if there would be any chance of a driver for the CPFlight MCP. He answered : unfortunately, the McDonnell-Douglas / Airbus MCP philosophy is quite different than that of Boeing, so providing a driver which would offer adequate functionality to the MD11's internal ECP/FCP is not "doable" without severe restrictions to correctness (i.e. there's no way to model push/pull functionality, etc.)As such, this is not in our plans at the moment.So, no big expectations for hardware support at this moment.

Guest John_164

Thanks Tino for your replay.