Sign in to follow this  
Guest chris_1981

Shimmering still on some places + yoke not in the middle

Guest chris_1981

Hi,I'm very pleased with the MD-11 for FS9. What an achievement! Congratulations.Thanks for fixing the shimmering on the EIS control panel (ADF button for example).There is still shimmering on the following places, one is the left button on the nr one throttle(red circle on the attachments). Also the heading index strip of the standby horizon is flickering now and then.Another thing I noticed is that when you're in the correct eye position (the viewpoint whichis standard and between the 2 white lines) the control yoke isn'nt in the middle. In my opinion it has to be moved a little to the right. Or is it a little to the left in the real airplaneor did you do it on purpose?Thanks!Christiaan1.jpg2.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

Christian, what are your graphics adapter model, driver version and settings? I can confirm I'm seeing flickering in the exact same spots as in your pictures (this after installing the patch).

Guest chris_1981
Christian, what are your graphics adapter model, driver version and settings? I can confirm I'm seeing flickering in the exact same spots as in your pictures (this after installing the patch).
Grafic card: MSI GeForce 8800 GT OC 1044 MBdriver version (NVIDIA) 7.15.11.7519What settings are you referring to?Christiaan

What settings are you referring to?
Antialiasing, anisotrophic filterin, mipmap and texture quality ..etc

Guest chris_1981
Antialiasing, anisotrophic filterin, mipmap and texture quality ..etc
ok, I've set up the setting in a program called Nhancer, because I had problems withanti-aliasing. But with this program it works ok.Anti-aliasing (multisampling 16xQ)Gamma correctionAnisotropic filtering 16xTexture filtering : high qualityIn FS: anti-aliasing is not checkedFiltering: trilinearMip mapping quality: 4Hardware-rendered lights: 6Display resolution: 1280x1024x32Hope this helpsThanks,Christiaan

I have the same flickering with the standby flight display heading scale. For me it happens in the VC and in the 2d popup of the standby flight display. I also have the shimmer in the same spots. Another thing I noticed is that sometimes the brake pressure gauge doesn't have any needles. Neither thing happens all the time but I can't seem to make a connection with anything else that is going on. I'm only on the fourth flight so maybe with a little more time I can figure it out. I should mention this all is happening with FS9. I haven't checked FSX yet.Oh yeah. As far as the yoke being centered, I fly the 737 for a living and believe it or not the yoke is not centered on my seat. You really don't notice it when flying.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

I have the same shimmering issues still as well.As far as the yoke placement, it is placed correctly Chris. Get over it.

I have the same flickering with the standby flight display heading scale. For me it happens in the VC and in the 2d popup of the standby flight display. I also have the shimmer in the same spots. Another thing I noticed is that sometimes the brake pressure gauge doesn't have any needles. Neither thing happens all the time but I can't seem to make a connection with anything else that is going on. I'm only on the fourth flight so maybe with a little more time I can figure it out. I should mention this all is happening with FS9. I haven't checked FSX yet.Oh yeah. As far as the yoke being centered, I fly the 737 for a living and believe it or not the yoke is not centered on my seat. You really don't notice it when flying.
FSX I haven't noticed any flickering in DX9 or DX10 modes. This is in Vista 64, Nvidia GTX 260 with latest 181.20 or whatever drivers.As far as the yoke goes, you need to write a letter to Boeing informing them that they have the yoke placement wrong in your aircraft.-stefan