Sign in to follow this  
David Roch

MegaScenery Earth download improved

Hi guys,For those who had problems with the download slowness of tiles from Megascenery Earth that's a very good news.They made a quantum leap in their servers management and now download goes fast and flawless.The system has slightly changed, you now donwnload an html file with a link and d/l the tile from this link.So sometimes forums can help moving things in the right direction! :--)Thanks guys, good job.EDIT: The system now also resumes downloads.MSE + REX + ASA + UT : a nice combo!

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

That is good news. I especially like the change to allow resume of downloads, as that was my biggest concern. Before these changes I had to restart all over, several different times!Thanks MegaScenery,jim

David-Wonderful shots!Utah does look fantastic. Now I have been experimenting and I initially thought the Western US looks magnificent but other areas were not the same quality.Then I had this nagging feeling-even in your shots doesn't the autogen kinda just "stick out" a little too much-at least a little "neon"? Thinking of this and then flying in my area-flatish more boring Michigan it really looked bad (as Michigan is heavily forested-at least parts of it). But was it the scenery or the autogen that was at fault-wrong colors and flaky (especially look at shot 3)? Or even the "neon" fs runways overlapping (not quite correctly) the real sat. view ones.http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=240344I then went and turned autogen off-looks more real now for my neck of the woods.Seems to me we are at a transition. Shot 1 in the my above screen shot-the autogen is necessary and actually accentuates reality.Shots 2-and especially 3-it really gets in the way.Anyway very interesting. I am grateful for this product-and will be buying it for my state when completed now-but I think at least here I will be running it with autogen completely off-it just gets in the way of reality.

Guest TonyPiech

Does anyone know if MegaScenery plans on updating their scenery packages. I purchased several blocks, I believe 9, of the Central Florida area, and they are quite underwhelming. I emailed MegaScenery to inform them of my displeasure but haven't received a response. Just wondering if they plan on improving some of the "crappy" blocks that they seem to have in FL and MI.

David-Wonderful shots!Utah does look fantastic. Now I have been experimenting and I initially thought the Western US looks magnificent but other areas were not the same quality.Then I had this nagging feeling-even in your shots doesn't the autogen kinda just "stick out" a little too much-at least a little "neon"? Thinking of this and then flying in my area-flatish more boring Michigan it really looked bad (as Michigan is heavily forested-at least parts of it). But was it the scenery or the autogen that was at fault-wrong colors and flaky (especially look at shot 3)? Or even the "neon" fs runways overlapping (not quite correctly) the real sat. view ones.http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=240344I then went and turned autogen off-looks more real now for my neck of the woods.Seems to me we are at a transition. Shot 1 in the my above screen shot-the autogen is necessary and actually accentuates reality.Shots 2-and especially 3-it really gets in the way.Anyway very interesting. I am grateful for this product-and will be buying it for my state when completed now-but I think at least here I will be running it with autogen completely off-it just gets in the way of reality.
I only have 2 Washinton tiles, and they used the wrong vegetation type for the autogen, which makes it look way wrong, not sure it neon is the right term for what I see, but it's the wrong species of trees.