Sign in to follow this  
Guest PDX Bailey

FS2002 Won't Allow 1600x1200x32

Guest Delta_747

I can't seem to get 1600x1200x32 to work in FS2002. It does not show up as a selection in the Display Settings menu.My Specs:Dell Dimension 8250Pentium 4 3.06Ghz512MB PC1066 RDRAMRadeon 9700TX 128MB running 3.2 CatalystsDell P992 MonitorI'm also running DX9In every other program or game and my desktop I can run 1600x1200x32. Battlefield 1942 lets me and CFS3 lets me run 1600x1200x32. FS2002 does however let me run 1600x1200x16. Hope I can sort this out. Thanks!

Guest Stratus_Fractus

Open up your FS2002.cfg file, and find your current res. Change that to 1600X1200X32.

Guest Delta_747

Thanks Greg! That seems to have done the trick!

Guest Stratus_Fractus

Great! Just be careful that you don't open up the graphics settings menu in FS, that'll revert your res to the default.

If you set your desktop to 1600x1200x32 BEFORE starting Flightsim, you'll find that option will then show up in the display settings.This is just one of those "features" that Microsoft decided didn't need patching. :)

Guest ront1

I am glad you asked this question Eric. I had the same question. Now I also know how to fix it .Ron

Guest sgreenwood

>If you set your desktop to 1600x1200x32 BEFORE starting Flightsim,>you'll find that option will then show up in the display settings.Unfortunately, that is not always enough. I have a brief discussion of this topic at:www.fs-traveler.com/32-bit.htmlRegards,Steve

Guest PDX Bailey

Too bad this thread isn't getting more attention. I just came on to this excellent subject, changed by resolution and all I can say is WOW!!!! The higher resolution doesn't seem to affect my frame rate and the visual difference is significant. I wonder if this subject has been covered in either PC Pilot or Computer Pilot magazine. It certainly deserves to get publicized to the general flight sim public at large.