Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Great deal on new video card

That is a ridiculously good deal.... its tempting me to upgrade from my Geforce 260 GTX 896 MB DDR3...

More video RAM = more chances of OOM for those with 32-bit OS. Think twice.

If anyone's looking for a new card, Buy.com has a 1GB GeForce GTX280 for $191 right now... pretty ridiculous deal considering it's the factory OCed version:http://www.buy.com/prod/evga-geforce-gtx-2.../208290487.html
Unbelievable, thanks Ryan! These puppies are still runnin' well over $300 on Newegg and I had just been waiting for a descent price-break, but geeze... Ordered today, should be here in two business days...

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Maybe a video card with 1 GB of Ram is best for use in combination with 64 Bit OS. A 32 Bit OS can adress 4 GB only. If you have tweaked the OS to use say 2,5 GB of Ram for programs (to get rid of OOM's) then there's only 1,5 GB left for OS and video card. If you use a card with 1 GB of Ram then I think you have a big risk for system freeze.But maybe I'm wrong here?Boerge

Looks like they've killed the deal now :( - it's showing $366 when you add it to the cart now.Regarding the OOM warnings - it really is time to start ditching the 32 bit OS guys - Windows 7 beta was just released and the initial reports are really good with almost none of the flaws Vista had. 7's release should be the end of anyone using XP 32bit imo. Keep it around in dual boot if you absolutely need it for some compatibility reason, but it's time to move forward - XP is almost 8 years old now and has very real limitations that are just going to become more and more apparent over time.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Looks like they've killed the deal now :( - it's showing $366 when you add it to the cart now.Regarding the OOM warnings - it really is time to start ditching the 32 bit OS guys - Windows 7 beta was just released and the initial reports are really good with almost none of the flaws Vista had. 7's release should be the end of anyone using XP 32bit imo. Keep it around in dual boot if you absolutely need it for some compatibility reason, but it's time to move forward - XP is almost 8 years old now and has very real limitations that are just going to become more and more apparent over time.
Do you think they'll still complete my order? From just a few minutes ago at $211? I just logged back in and it still shows the order as 'Processing.' I now see it at it's regular price of $366 when shopping as well. Guess I'll just have to wait and see...

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Do you think they'll still complete my order? From just a few minutes ago at $211? I just logged back in and it still shows the order as 'Processing.' I now see it at it's regular price of $366 when shopping as well. Guess I'll just have to wait and see...
I'm in the same boat as you, Al. Got my order in yesterday at $211 and hope the order gets shipped. Right now still showing "processing'. Literally stumbled on this deal. Why I went to Buy.com I don't know, don't usually, hope we get the cards.Dan Brookshire

CPU: Intel i7 920 @ 4gHz for FSX w/Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme Motherboard: ASUS P6T Deluxe OC Palm Memory: 6GB (3x2gb) OCZ3P1600LV6GK Case: CM690 PSU: PC Power & Cooling 750W OS: Vista64 SP1 Main HDD: 500GB WD Caviar Black SATA FSX Drive: 300GB WD Velociraptor

GPU: EVGA GTX285 Vanilla

I'm in the same boat as you, Al. Got my order in yesterday at $211 and hope the order gets shipped. Right now still showing "processing'. Literally stumbled on this deal. Why I went to Buy.com I don't know, don't usually, hope we get the cards.
FWIW, I did get an e-mail from Buy.com indicating that the order is processing. It must have been some kind of system-glitch or they keyed in the their purchase price instead of sale price and then quickly corrected it. I think my order was less than 10 minutes old when the jacked the price back up.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

FWIW, I did get an e-mail from Buy.com indicating that the order is processing. It must have been some kind of system-glitch or they keyed in the their purchase price instead of sale price and then quickly corrected it. I think my order was less than 10 minutes old when the jacked the price back up.
I got the order confirmation email and they have hit my bank account for pre-authorization in the amount of $211.If they are out of stock, I'm even willing to wait at that price. I am still buying parts for my new i7 build.Dan Brookshire

CPU: Intel i7 920 @ 4gHz for FSX w/Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme Motherboard: ASUS P6T Deluxe OC Palm Memory: 6GB (3x2gb) OCZ3P1600LV6GK Case: CM690 PSU: PC Power & Cooling 750W OS: Vista64 SP1 Main HDD: 500GB WD Caviar Black SATA FSX Drive: 300GB WD Velociraptor

This reminds me of something that happened on Amazon.com a few months ago, where they had an EVGA 896-P3-1267-AR GeForce GTX260 Core 216 SC Edition 896MB DDR3 graphics card on sale for $119.99, sold by TigerDirect.Many people that ordered it then received refurbished nForce 680i motherboards. It turns out it was a glitch on Amazon that caused the incorrect price listing and subsequently an incorrect item request to be processed to TigerDirect. Immediately they cancelled the order before it was processed and a refund was issued a few days later.Here is a link to a thread on their forum outlining the entire episode.By the way Ryan when I click the link in your post I get an error that the product is no longer sold at Buy.com.

FWIW, my bank account is now pending as well and the Buy.com order-history indicates "Sent To Warehouse." So I'm hoping that's a good sign. It is funny how when clicking on the link it comes up with "This item is no longer sold at Buy.com." HmmmmAl

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

First and last time I'll ever use the Buy.com ######s... :(

Dear Alfred, At Buy.com we strive to provide the widest assortment of high-quality products at everyday low prices. However, sometimes circumstances beyond our control affect our selection. We were recently informed that item EVGA GeForce GTX 280 Super Clocked 1GB GDDR3 512-bit PCIE 2.0 SLI Supported Video Card on your order contained information that was in error. Because of this, the product has been automatically cancelled from your order. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. Please accept the following gift certificate as a further apology. See below for details on how to deposit, redeem, and then use your gift certificate on your next Buy.com order. The information on our site has been corrected and if you would like to purchase this product please visit our website at www.buy.com and enter this information into the search field: EVGA GeForce GTX 280 Super Clocked 1GB GDDR3 512-bit PCIE 2.0 SLI Supported Video Card. If you have any questions, please visit customer support at www.buy.com/support We appreciate your business. clear.gifSincerely, Buy.com Customer Care Teamwww.buy.com You are the recipient of a $5 Buy.com gift certificate from Buy.com Customer Support. You can apply this gift certificate toward any of the over 2 million products at Buy.com. Save this email! This email is your ONLY record of your important gift certificate information. Your gift certificate number and its associated claim code are included below.To: AlfredFrom: Buy.com Customer SupportAmount: $5

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Yeah me too, Al. Got the same email and they canceled my order, boo! I did hear on some other forums that a few have actually received their cards at that deal, but they paid for next day shipping and not the free shipping.Oh, well, back to bargain shopping!Dan Brookshire