Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tyguy2k

Saitek P990 Joystick/keyboard Red and Green assignment issues

Guest Tyguy2k

I am starting a new topic because I've read the others and I think (I hope) my issue is different.I have a Saitek P990 gamepad that I have used for FSX since I bought it a year ago. Its worked great thus far for this game.I've checked my Saitek drivers and they are up to date.I've checked my version of FS2Crew and it is up to date (just bought it yesterday)I've also updated FS2Crew Start CenterI am on Vista.When I assign the red and green buttons, it tells me they were saved successfully, however, when I get to the point in the tutorial (SFO-LAX) where it asks me to call 130.65, I press the button I assigned for this function on my gamepad (AND keyboard) and....nothing :)I have checked my Saitek profile manager and it does give me the ability to change function, but nothing is listed that applies to FSX or FS2Crew.I've heard so many amazing things about this program from others who fly the 767 Level-D, I can't wait!Help! Tyler

I am starting a new topic because I've read the others and I think (I hope) my issue is different.I have a Saitek P990 gamepad that I have used for FSX since I bought it a year ago. Its worked great thus far for this game.I've checked my Saitek drivers and they are up to date.I've checked my version of FS2Crew and it is up to date (just bought it yesterday)I've also updated FS2Crew Start CenterI am on Vista.When I assign the red and green buttons, it tells me they were saved successfully, however, when I get to the point in the tutorial (SFO-LAX) where it asks me to call 130.65, I press the button I assigned for this function on my gamepad (AND keyboard) and....nothing :)I have checked my Saitek profile manager and it does give me the ability to change function, but nothing is listed that applies to FSX or FS2Crew.I've heard so many amazing things about this program from others who fly the 767 Level-D, I can't wait!Help! Tyler
Hello Tyler,Does your Green button work? Or is it just the Red button?If the Green button works, then then Red button should work, too.If it's just the Red button, try using the keyboard to rule out the joystick for the Red Button. Also (most likely), ensure the conditions are met for the Red button to work.Ie., calling Ops on 130.65... make sure t130.65 is dialed into the Comm radios correctly.Cheers,

Guest Tyguy2k
Hello Tyler,Does your Green button work? Or is it just the Red button?If the Green button works, then then Red button should work, too.If it's just the Red button, try using the keyboard to rule out the joystick for the Red Button. Also (most likely), ensure the conditions are met for the Red button to work.Ie., calling Ops on 130.65... make sure t130.65 is dialed into the Comm radios correctly.Cheers,
Hi Bryan,Sorry about that. I should have stated that I am unable to get either (Red or Green) to work (keyboard or gamepad). I tried skipping Ops in this tutorial and seeing if it was just an error in the Comm settings (Com2), however it didn't seem to work for anything.Is there another way to assign red and green for the keyboard? Thanks for your help.Tyler

Hi Bryan,Sorry about that. I should have stated that I am unable to get either (Red or Green) to work (keyboard or gamepad). I tried skipping Ops in this tutorial and seeing if it was just an error in the Comm settings (Com2), however it didn't seem to work for anything.Is there another way to assign red and green for the keyboard? Thanks for your help.Tyler
Hy Tyler,If your keyboard doesn't appear to work, try re-installing DirectX from the Microsoft website. Let me know if you require further help.Best,

Guest Tyguy2k
Hy Tyler,If your keyboard doesn't appear to work, try re-installing DirectX from the Microsoft website. Let me know if you require further help.Best,
That worked! Thank you. Just flew a test from KGRR to KORD with 100% success. Thanks!