Sign in to follow this  
MeneMene

questions regarding payware airbuses

I'm thinking about getting some short-range airbuses to replace the MS default a321. The only one I can find is the Wilco Aibus series vol 1. I've seen some older threads debating this, and i just want to ask a few questions. The first payware plane I bought was the Flight1 ATR, and I had terrible frame rates, bugs, crashes, etc., so i'm making sure that I'm doing my research thoroughly.1. Are the various model problems still not fixed? I've read that there's parts of the VC missing, etc, and that one of the doors has issues. I'm running vista 32 with FSX SP2.2. Apparently, Wilco has terrible customer relations, and doesn't do much in the way of updates and support.3. How is the system functionality? I don't need PMDG level, but i do want a realistic FMC, fly-by-ware system, etc, and consequences for doing things wrong.4. Lastly, I don't have the heftiest system. How is it on frame rates? Any comparisons with any of the default planes?opinions and feedback would be most appreciated.

I'm thinking about getting some short-range airbuses to replace the MS default a321. The only one I can find is the Wilco Aibus series vol 1. I've seen some older threads debating this, and i just want to ask a few questions. The first payware plane I bought was the Flight1 ATR, and I had terrible frame rates, bugs, crashes, etc., so i'm making sure that I'm doing my research thoroughly.1. Are the various model problems still not fixed? I've read that there's parts of the VC missing, etc, and that one of the doors has issues. I'm running vista 32 with FSX SP2.2. Apparently, Wilco has terrible customer relations, and doesn't do much in the way of updates and support.3. How is the system functionality? I don't need PMDG level, but i do want a realistic FMC, fly-by-ware system, etc, and consequences for doing things wrong.4. Lastly, I don't have the heftiest system. How is it on frame rates? Any comparisons with any of the default planes?opinions and feedback would be most appreciated.
I would suggest that the only Airbus that will bear a strong resemblance to reality is the Airsimmer bus. You may find that it is released in the next few months, initially for FS9. You can interpret their forums yourself as they give monthly progress updates.

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs

I got the Wilco A318-321 boxed version from Justflight a short while ago and have had a lot of fun with it. One of the reasons I got back into the FS world was news of the PMDG and Air Simmer 'buses, and they will no doubt blow it into the weeds. But for a bit of practice before that day, I'd recommend buying it. Now it's been patched a few times it works ok, but it IS still a bit buggy, and it IS a bit simplified in places. That said, it's a lot more realistic than the default A321, and you can do most things with it. Just don't expect highly accurate descent profiles and fuel burn, and be prepared for a few weird approaches when using the automatics. It flies by hand very well, and looks like an Airbus to me. And it works ok on my medieval system too, so don't worry too much about frame rates. So I'd so give it a go. It'll certainly give you a good taste of Airbus procedures while waiting for the new generation payware aircraft to arrive.Ian

I have the CLS A300 A310 series AC. I like them. Good with frames and the sound is great, but I did hop them up with an FMC from ISG. Im not to crazy about real basic or Lite FMC's.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png