I'm getting CTD with ASA after installing the beta update. Went back to original ASA and no CTD. Redownloaded the update, installed again, and it CTD's again. Each time it crashes as it gets to the "downloading weather" line on the main screen as it initializes. I'm FSX SP2 and Windows XP SP3 32 bit. Error says: Event Type: clr20r3 P1: asa_exec.exe P2 11.0.0.355 P3: 4967dfa1 Nothing in the log file.Let me know if you need more. I am another who's had some Oom issues with the original.On the bright side, to me ASA is a huge advance over ASX in the way weather is depicted. I've got 10,000 real hours and I truly can't believe how close my FSX is now to the real thing in crummy weather. The way the runway comes out of the murk now is just sooooo good. I like it so much I hate to report a problem. :( Thanks for the help.steve :(

Hi Steve, Thanks for the comments!There should be a P6 line in that windows error message that shows what the exception was. Can you recreate and advise? Also any log files in your appdata\hifi\asa folder would also be helpful. Thanks!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Hi Steve, Thanks for the comments!There should be a P6 line in that windows error message that shows what the exception was. Can you recreate and advise? Also any log files in your appdata\hifi\asa folder would also be helpful. Thanks!
Hi Damian,Darn, the forum is tough this morning. Saw you were having troubles too.Anyway: P6 : 471ebf5bI notice that with the initial install, weather is downloaded from the Primary Server and with the update it's trying to download from the Secondary Server.cheers,steve :(

Hi,I am not Damian, but is this still happening with every download?Thanks,

Hi,I am not Damian, but is this still happening with every download?Thanks,
It is, Jim. I've redownloaded and reinstalled multiple times. Original ASA runs without a problem, but as soon as I update with the beta it CTD's as it starts to download weather. Original ASA always downloads from Primary server and Beta always from Secondary. Doesn't get far enough to make an entry in the log file.Thanks,steve

Hi,I don't want you to download and reinstall the program multiple times, just attempt to start and run ASA multiple times. We try and balance out the server traffic so I am trying to see if it is something with our servers or with the beta. I know you cannot chose the data server, but see if ASA beta will attempt a Primary download.Thanks,

Yeah, sorry Jim, I wasn't clear in my reply. It CTD's over and over and I've never seen it use the Primary server. Likewise, I've never seen the original ASA use the Secondary server, always primary.cheers,steve :(Edit: Just tried it one more time and it finally did try to use Primary Server, but. . . . .CTD anyway.

Hi,There should be a partial ASA_log file generated even if ASA just begins to start, so see into that. Also see if there are any other error logs in the ASA folder.Thanks,

Currently, I've reinstalled ASA and added the beta. There are no log files at all.If I run the original ASA, it generates the log file. Adding the beta after a run of ASA, nothing is added to the log file before the crash.cheers,steve

Are you looking in the correct folder?Open an windows explorer window (not IE) and in its address bar type %appdata% and press return/enter.This should open a folder then within this folder navigate down to the ASA folder, you will find the ASAlog.txt file in there.This is what the location looks like in Vista:C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\HiFi\ASA

Cheers, Andy.

Are you looking in the correct folder?Open an windows explorer window (not IE) and in its address bar type %appdata% and press return/enter.This should open a folder then within this folder navigate down to the ASA folder, you will find the ASAlog.txt file in there.This is what the location looks like in Vista:C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\HiFi\ASA
Thanks Andy

Hi again,Perhaps there is a problem with your key? Please write us at support AT hifisim.com and we'll issue you a new key to try. Normally a key error should plainly be indicated without a crash like this but its possible there is a problem here.Also, P6 line was the wrong one, sorry... I am looking for the exception name. Could you list all the information provided in the error report? This can be included in your request for key to support, and I will follow up with you.Thanks,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Hi again,Perhaps there is a problem with your key? Please write us at support AT hifisim.com and we'll issue you a new key to try. Normally a key error should plainly be indicated without a crash like this but its possible there is a problem here.Also, P6 line was the wrong one, sorry... I am looking for the exception name. Could you list all the information provided in the error report? This can be included in your request for key to support, and I will follow up with you.Thanks,
Thanks, Damian, I've sent it by email.cheers,steve