Sign in to follow this  
Vulcan

Saitek Cyborg USB...

Bought this about 6 months ago. It was working allright(acceptable that is), but it has been acting up lately. It will deflect more to the left than to the right, and will deflect to the right when "pulling up" (about 80%-100% of diplacement range). I've calibrated it many times, but it will just not change these limits at all, even when calibrating. Should I get a new one or can I do somehting. I guess what I am looking for is anybody else who uses this joystick and has had the same experience. Also, anybody could recommend one for less than $100 that is reasonably accurate? All the ones I've owned go all over the place when checking on calibration, it seems you cannot make any precise control inputs. Thanks in advance for your help,Max

Guest Capholland

I use a Saitek Cyborg 3D Rumble Stick, not so much for the minimal force-feedback effects as for the fact that I got a great deal for it, and it handled a lot more accurately than my previous ageing force-feedback joystick. I haven't had any trouble with it, and it's been working great for me, with smooth inputs and an automatic calibration routine (that I don't quite understand, but I do know that it works). I also took comfort in the fact that it came with a 1-year manufacturer's warranty, in case something should go wrong.Since you mention you can't even get it to calibrate properly, it seems that it might be a technical issue with your joystick itself. But then, you mention having similar problems with other joysticks, which makes me wonder if perhaps your computer has another problem. Do you have the joystick plugged directly into a USB port on your computer, or via a USB hub? Do you unplug and replug it in often? Those kind of things can make a difference sometimes. I have to keep mine plugged directly into my computer at all times. But if you still can't isolate the problem, I would recommend checking your warranty information, and phoning or contacting Saitek Tech Support for help and a possible replacement. Six months should still be well within your warranty period if you got this new and have the receipt.- Caphollandhttp://caphollands.fsgateway.comhttp://jdtllc.com/images/RCsupporter.jpg