Sign in to follow this  
MikeAdamo

Taxi to "General Aviation" parking!!??

Hi all,Does anyone know if there's a way to correct this phrase? Nothing like landing at LaGuardia and being told to taxi to the general aviaition parking when you're driving a 737-800 :-)Thanks!!Mike

Guest ba747heavy

Mike --I would recommend not using that MSFS ATC, but use VATSIM instead. But in the event that you don't.....I think that the call 'taxi to GA parking' is for VFR flight, and that IFR flights would get a gate assaignment. So the answer to your question is 'file as IFR and not VFR' ;-) I think, I haven't flown with that fake ATC in quite some time.:-beerchugSorry I can't say for sure, but I think I am right.

Guest Captain Barfbag

If you use AFCAD to define your parking areas (and who doesn't?) you will see that each space's Properties include an entry for Gate, NW Parking, SE Parking, Dock, etc. If you set the space for one of these (instead of the default "Parking") you will be given the option of Taxi to Gates, Taxi to East Parking, etc. The general "Gate" can be augmented with a letter and number so you can add Terminal ID's and gate numbers to your parking as well, although these will not show up as options when you contact ground.

Guest drobson

If only I could figure out Afcad, and TTools, etc! Maybe I'm just impatient and lazy, huh? I have a terrible time trying to get these two programs to work.Darrell

Darrell,Are you using any add-on to increase AI airplanes? If so, and if you're flying on an IFR clearance, the actual gates may be full, so you would get sent to a general aviation parking.Dave Vega

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

Guest frankcubillos

Did you recently install an afcad? It sounds like the new AFCAD's gates were left at the default "parking" title instead of the "gate" title. Use Lee Swordy's awesome AFCAD program to restore the original or fix it. It's not too hard to wrap your head around it btw ;-)---Banners? We don't need no stinkin' banners!---Visualize PAI sig banner here.

This isn't actually a problem of ATC parking you in GA spots.....with Shez's LGA scenery (which I'm assuming you're using), the afcad that comes with it for some reason calls pretty much all the gates GA parking. So, you were actually being sent to a gate, it's just named improperly. A fix to this is to open up AFCAD and rename the gates yourself, or find some other AFCAD or RAFCAD file for it. Hope this helps!-Corey Leigh

Hey guys,Thanks for the tips on how to fix the "issue". I fired up AFCAD and started fixing my most frequently visited airports. So far, all the main airports I fly into and out of now use the proper phrase for parking at the gate :-)Thanks again!MikePS - The new version of AFCAD allows you to make a single change to several gates. Simply highlight using the shift-left click, right click for properties, make your change and all the gates get fixed in one quick click!