Sign in to follow this  
Guest nmaggioros

CLB SPD VCL and Restrictions

Guest nmaggioros

Dear PMDG,I have some questions about VCL spd. I always fly at max ZFW and i can't find where i can tell the FMS to keep the 250/10000 restriction. or any other restriction(240/10000). the only way is the SPD AT WPT. For example although i see the 250/10000 restriction the FMS has a managed spd of 265. Is this some kind of protection due to the max ZFW. In descend i don't have this problem i see the 250/10000 on the route and it does decelate to that spd (although -5kt, e.x. 245). Thanks in advance,Nicholas Maggioros

check out the VERT REVISION page for one of the climb waypoints. The climb limit should be at 5R if I remember. At high weights, it may be above 250 because of the increased clean speed, so you will see it as something like 270/10000.

Guest nmaggioros
check out the VERT REVISION page for one of the climb waypoints. The climb limit should be at 5R if I remember. At high weights, it may be above 250 because of the increased clean speed, so you will see it as something like 270/10000.
I have checked the CLB SPD LIM at 5R in the VERT REVISION but after some altitude it ignores it and uses a higher managed SPD. Maybe it's because of the clean spd

This heavy, like the 747, must exceed the 250KIAS limit depending on weights. In actual practice ATC is advised by the crew and they accomodate.

Dan Downs KCRP

Dear PMDG,I have some questions about VCL spd. I always fly at max ZFW and i can't find where i can tell the FMS to keep the 250/10000 restriction. or any other restriction(240/10000). the only way is the SPD AT WPT. For example although i see the 250/10000 restriction the FMS has a managed spd of 265. Is this some kind of protection due to the max ZFW. In descend i don't have this problem i see the 250/10000 on the route and it does decelate to that spd (although -5kt, e.x. 245). Thanks in advance,Nicholas Maggioros
Nichola,The speed the FMS uses below 10,00 ft is the maximum of the 10,000/250 speed restriction and Vcl (V-climb) that is displayed on the TAKE OFF page and depends on weight. If Vcl is > 250 KAIS then the 10,000/250 limit is ignored. The speed is also restricted by configuration, so with slats/flaps or gear it will be lower.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Guest nmaggioros
Nichola,The speed the FMS uses below 10,00 ft is the maximum of the 10,000/250 speed restriction and Vcl (V-climb) that is displayed on the TAKE OFF page and depends on weight. If Vcl is > 250 KAIS then the 10,000/250 limit is ignored. The speed is also restricted by configuration, so with slats/flaps or gear it will be lower.
Thanks a lot Michael for your answer