Sign in to follow this  
pscharff

MD-11 Solution for texture problem with exterior model

Hello together,I've got a problem with the textures of the exterior model of the MD-11. Even after installing the newest update this problem occures.Shortly after starting a flight with the MD-11X my aircraft looks like this:image1vv3.jpgI've tried to reduce the LOD radius setting but it doesn't work for me. In most cases the end of the story is a completely black screen.Is there a working solution for this problem available?Thanks,Patric

Hello together,I've got a problem with the textures of the exterior model of the MD-11. Even after installing the newest update this problem occures.Shortly after starting a flight with the MD-11X my aircraft looks like this:I've tried to reduce the LOD radius setting but it doesn't work for me. In most cases the end of the story is a completely black screen.Is there a working solution for this problem available?Thanks,Patric
Patric,Is this with all liveries or just Lufthansa? Also, are you running in DX10 mode? Are you using Bloom? Try disabling these two things (this has worked for a handful of people who were experiencing similar issues with the 747X) and let us know the outcome.VinPMDG

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Patric,Is this with all liveries or just Lufthansa? Also, are you running in DX10 mode? Are you using Bloom? Try disabling these two things (this has worked for a handful of people who were experiencing similar issues with the 747X) and let us know the outcome.VinPMDG
Hello Vin,thanks for your quick answer.This problem appears with all repaints (I didn't try all repaints are available). The FSX runs in DX9 mode. I'm not using Bloom.info: I'm using the NVidia 180.48 WHQL driver.

Hello Vin,thanks for your quick answer.This problem appears with all repaints (I didn't try all repaints are available). The FSX runs in DX9 mode. I'm not using Bloom.info: I'm using the NVidia 180.48 WHQL driver.
Do you have FSX Service Pack 2 installed? (probably, but have to check)VinPMDG

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Contact us at support@precisionmanuals.com. We'll do our best to help you out!Best,VinPMDG
Patric, I hope you are reading this. I am curious as to know what solved it.Recently I tried FSX on my new W7 rig (w/ nVidia GTX240). In the daytime the standard 738 VC is ok, but at night it is gone. I can only see the aircraft just as you show in your image, no body or cockpit, just the wings. I have turned to DX10 for now and it works, but it prevents me from running or buying other add-ons like the MD-11 that I like so well on FS9. So I am really anxious to use DX9.What did PMDG suggest? It might also help me.Thanks,Menno C. Robert

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

Turn Aircraft cast shadows on itself OFF reload then turn it back on if you want .Lee Marrow

Hello together,I've got a problem with the textures of the exterior model of the MD-11. Even after installing the newest update this problem occures.Shortly after starting a flight with the MD-11X my aircraft looks like this:image1vv3.jpgI've tried to reduce the LOD radius setting but it doesn't work for me. In most cases the end of the story is a completely black screen.Is there a working solution for this problem available?Thanks,Patric
Patric,I did have same problem and solved with switching to FSX DX:10Mode.. Never again I experience this problem and perforce up also. DX9 will be an old technology, we are in DX11 world. Graphic cards ahead of DX9.Test the FSX DX;10 mode and see your self. DX10 runway and taxi way flickering problem solution achieved. I hope this idea help to solve your problem

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"