Sign in to follow this  
Guest Umby_88

Microsoft Side winder Force feedback 2 PROBLEM.

Guest Umby_88

Hi everyone...I recently installed flight simulator 2004 in a PC with Windows Vista 32 Home Premium, but I have some problems with this kind of Joystick (Microsoft Side winder Force feedback 2).The problem is about the feedback force that doesn't work in FS9...Can someone help me to find some drivers or just a simple setting solution to resolve this problem ??? huh.gif Thank you very much !!! PS: I can't install the official program about this Joystick due to an windows error, but it works fine and I have just the problem that I explained before...Thank you smiley.gif

Guest montyS

Hi.I think you may have answered your own question: The software is not installed.The FF2 (ForceFeedback2) was around before XP so maybe it doesn't work at all under Vista? In fact, just looking at my own installation disc I see the FF2 was designed for Win98!I run XP 32bit and have had some installation problems in the past but always managed to get it to work.I don't know anything about Vista, but XP has a facility whereby you can get it (XP) to think it is an older operating system when running older soft/hardware, although I don't use it in this case.Best bet is to put out a call to Vista users and ask if anyone also uses the FF2.Good luck ;-)

Hi everyone...I recently installed flight simulator 2004 in a PC with Windows Vista 32 Home Premium, but I have some problems with this kind of Joystick (Microsoft Side winder Force feedback 2).The problem is about the feedback force that doesn't work in FS9...Can someone help me to find some drivers or just a simple setting solution to resolve this problem ??? huh.gif Thank you very much !!! PS: I can't install the official program about this Joystick due to an windows error, but it works fine and I have just the problem that I explained before...Thank you smiley.gif
A program called FS Force restores force feedback to to the Microsolft FF2 using FS9 in XP (FS Force 2.0 for FSX). The author has advised me by email the program works in Vista and Vista 64 as well. Get more information at http://www.dirks-software.ca/fs-force.

Vista should recognize your FF2 without installing any driver (FF1 doesn't work)Mine is working fine with Vista x64.-Check that the joystick is plugged to the wall socket AND to the USB-Check that "enable force feedback" is checked in FS options/control

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Guest Umby_88

Hey, Thanks a lot guys !!!I downloaded FSFORCE and now my Joystick works fine with this program.I hope that this Topic will help another people, Thanks again :)

Hey, Thanks a lot guys !!!I downloaded FSFORCE and now my Joystick works fine with this program.I hope that this Topic will help another people, Thanks again :)
You will also discover that FSForce is superior to the default MS FFB and enables realistic trimming in the pitch axis since you can now hold the yoke for the desired pitch and then trim off the control force as in a real world aircraft. Happy flying .

A program called FS Force restores force feedback to to the Microsolft FF2 using FS9 in XP (FS Force 2.0 for FSX). The author has advised me by email the program works in Vista and Vista 64 as well. Get more information at http://www.dirks-software.ca/fs-force.
Thank you very very much for this great tool, I was about to trash my MSFF2 under windows Vista and 7But now it works like a charm, I'm a one happy simmer.thanks again.

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.