helloi installed the new beta sp1 and now asa gets 'stuck' after first starting it up. before applying the patch it worked without trouble. it looks like an authorization problem maybe? perhaps it is an issue with the patch when used with the upgrade (asx->asa) version?asa.log never gets touched. here is the log from the output window:

CODE
9:09 AM - ASA load commencing...9:09 AM - Verifying Active Sky Advanced License9:09 AM - FSX Path Value = D:\afsx\9:09 AM - FSX My AppData Path Value = C:\Documents and Settings\darkgreen\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX\9:09 AM - FSX My Docs Path Value = C:\Documents and Settings\darkgreen\My Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\9:09 AM - ASA settings have been loaded...9:09 AM - Initializing ASA9:10 AM - FS station database update not needed (unchanged)...9:10 AM - World Magnetic Model has been loaded...9:10 AM - Wx Station Database loaded: 9960 station(s)9:10 AM - Airports Database loaded...9:10 AM - Loading Additional Weather Stations...9:10 AM - SimConnect found and initialized9:10 AM - ASA controls initialized...9:10 AM - ASA v11.0.0.355 Copyright

Hi Andy,Sorry for the problem.Double check and make sure your firewall is not blocking things. Sometimes an update will cause firewalls to think the update is a new program and you need to allow it again. The same can hold true for anti-virus.Please let us know.Thanks,

hi jim,i added ASA to the exceptions list for the windows firewall. on next startup it re-triggered the authorization dialog box and now seems to be working. thanks!cheers,-andy crosby

After applying the Beta SP!, I also saw the re-trigger mechanism for re-authorization. Following entry of the same authorisation code all seems well.Maurice.

Very Best Wishes,

Dr T. Maurice Murphy