Sign in to follow this  
guenseli

No automatic refresh when changing time...

Hello,gratulations for the good work with the Beta Patch.The refreshing and smoothing works well for me, now.But an issue is already left, I think:When changing Date and/or time in FS the ASA Wheater isn't updating.I have to press refresh, than it works.For my opinion this should happen automatically isn't it?

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,Thanks for the feedback!If ASA is set to use Real Time, then no matter what you set the time to in FS you will get the current weather for your current location. Is that what you mean?Thanks,

No, of course thats not what I mean:I set up a flight e.g. in EDDI at 12 o clock January 6th.ASA sets up everything ok, wheather is as aspected as it was on January 6th as I can remember. I can remeber because it was a nice but very cold day here.I change to e.g. EDDM or any other airport, everything still is as awaited, weather ok.But now I change e.g. date and time, say January 7th, than the weather of January the 6th 12 o'clock is still present and unchanged.I don't have to change the day it is enough to change only the time. Thean I can also see that weather isn't changing (e.g. morning rain, afternoon nice..)I think thats a kind of bug, isn't it?

Guenter Steiner

If you don't have "Force to Sim Time" checked then it wont update, is this how you have it set up before you change the date and time in FS?

Cheers, Andy.

If you don't have "Force to Sim Time" checked then it wont update, is this how you have it set up before you change the date and time in FS?
No, believe me: I have "force to sim time" checked!I don't have checked force to real time!But I have checked "local" instead of "GMT", but I think that shouldn't make any difference.Don't you have the same behavoiur?

Guenter Steiner

Hi,I tried this out with B355.Started ASA, changed the option to : Force to Sim Time.Started FS04 which is set to system time. ASA correctly used system time weather.Changed both the time and date in FS.ASA downloaded and installed the correct weather.Changed the time and date again and ASA downloaded and installed the correct weather.So things are working fine for me.Other observations:If ASA/FS were processing data, changing the time/date confused things.After changing the time/date, it did take a bit of time for the new weather to correctly show up in FS.Thanks,

Hello,I have this tried out also yesterday.And then it was working as it should.So I don't know what the issue was, but it was definetely that the METAR was not reloaded when time was changed.And no, I haven't set it to future time.So, yesterday there wasn't an issue any more, but I will inform you if this failure comes up again!

Guenter Steiner