Sign in to follow this  
Guest XJCRJPilot

Building this PC

Guest XJCRJPilot

Will this suffice for FS9 will a lot of addons?INTEL CORE 2 DUO PROCESSOR...........Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Dual Core ProcessorINTEL PROCESSOR COOLING FAN.........INTEL STANDARD PROCESSOR COOLING FANSOCKET 775 MOTHERBOARDS..............ASROCK G31M-S INTEL G31 1600FSB MOTHERBOARDDDR2 RAM..........................................4GB (2x2GB) DDR-2 800MHZ PC-6400SATA II HARD DRIVES.........................500GB SATA2 7200rpm 16MB CACHE (HIGH PERFORMANCE)DVD-RW DRIVES.................................22X DVD-RW DUAL LAYER W/LIGHTSCRIBEPCI-EXPRESS VIDEO CARDS.................nVidia GeForce 9600gt 512MB PCI-Express Video CardSOUND CARDS.....................................6-CHANNEL DIGITAL SOUND ONBOARDNETWORK CARDS................................10/100 ETHERNET ONBOARDCOMPUTER CASES...............................BBC VOYAGER MID-TOWER ATX CASEPOWER SUPPLIES................................OKIA A-POWER 650 WATT POWER SUPPLYTell me what you think. Thanks.

Guest D17S

Looks fine, except that 9600 won't cut it. Bump it up to a 9800GT and you'll be all set for FS9.

Guest XJCRJPilot
Looks fine, except that 9600 won't cut it. Bump it up to a 9800GT and you'll be all set for FS9.
I'm looking at NewEgg. I see different types of 9800gt. Which one should I look at? How about an 8800gt?

I'm looking at NewEgg. I see different types of 9800gt. Which one should I look at? How about an 8800gt?
An 8800GT is fine. EVGA and XFX are tops.

Art

Guest XJCRJPilot

after looking at stuff and working on it a few hours, this is what I came up with. Out the door for $820Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Dual Core ProcessorINTEL STANDARD PROCESSOR COOLING FANASROCK G31M-S INTEL G31 1600FSB MOTHERBOARD4GB (2x2GB) DDR-2 800MHZ PC-64002X MEMORY HEAT SPREADERS500GB SATA2 7200rpm 16MB CACHE (HIGH PERFORMANCE)22X DVD-RW DUAL LAYER W/LIGHTSCRIBEnVidia GeForce 9800GT 1GB DDR3 2DVI PCI-Express Graphics Card6-CHANNEL DIGITAL SOUND ONBOARD10/100 ETHERNET ONBOARDNZXT ALPHA MID-TOWER ATX CASE (9000 SERIES CARD FITS!)NZXT/ROSEWILL 600 WATT SLI POWER SUPPLY103 Keys PS2 Basic Keyboard (Black)I-MICRO 800dpi PS/2 Optical Mouse (Black)SUPER TALENT 2.0 Channel Multimedia Speaker System (Black)WINDOWS XP HOME EDITION SP2

Guest D17S

If you are going to be flying big addons with FSX, use Vista 64. Vista uses more ram for itself. but with 4Gs onboard, this is not an issue. All the chatter about the woes of vista is just chatter. Ditch the ram heat spreaders. Other than that, you're all set.

Guest XJCRJPilot
If you are going to be flying big addons with FSX, use Vista 64. Vista uses more ram for itself. but with 4Gs onboard, this is not an issue. All the chatter about the woes of vista is just chatter. Ditch the ram heat spreaders. Other than that, you're all set.
I wont be using FSX for a while. I have all of the addons for FS9.