Sign in to follow this  
Guest 747lover

MD11 alternative airfile.Could it be done?

Guest 747lover

As much as I love the MD11 PMDG,I have one very big wish.What if PMDG created an airfile of the original MD11 with all of the handling difficulties?The MD11 was very unstable in the pitch axis which led to a number of landing incidents and accidents.It was told the cause was the combination of the small stabilisizer and the trim fuel tank.Later on MD did some software changes to get it right.What if PMDG simulated this hard to handle son of a ######?I am convinced it would be a big hit,becuse a very challenging aircraft from a handling point of you were we realy can test our handling skills is exactly what the flightsim community need.I been disqussing this topic earlier.I do understand that it is very difficult because most of the RW simulators which PMDG get the hard facts from is simulating the upgraded version,but ther are perhaps some old MD11 drivers out there which can help.Don,t get me wrong,I realy love the new product.I paid eighty dollars for it,but I would gladly pay the same for another version.Would like to hear the opinion from other users.Because I belive if we convince the PMDG team there is a market for it,they will do it if the workload isn,t alredy to big.

Guest lukeh

Pilots of the MD-11 were involved with the testing of the Aircraft, and if they haven't alerted PMDG to there being an issue, then it's very unlikely that they're going to fix something that's actually realistic.Luke

Guest 747lover

Yes but they are simulating the newer version with the software upgrades from McDonnell Douglas,and this is something they probably got near 100 percent correct.Ola Nielsen

Guest 747lover

Yes ,but saw no major difference