Sign in to follow this  
rpowers

How to start saved floght?

JD,I haven't used RC4.3 for awhile been flying low and slow.I know at one time if I saved a flight in FSX when I restarted it I also had RC.I can't figure out how I did it.Could you please give me a brief step by step on what I do if I just save it in FS?I read in the manual where I can do this but could not find out how.Thanks for your patience.Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

JD,I haven't used RC4.3 for awhile been flying low and slow.I know at one time if I saved a flight in FSX when I restarted it I also had RC.I can't figure out how I did it.Could you please give me a brief step by step on what I do if I just save it in FS?I read in the manual where I can do this but could not find out how.Thanks for your patience.Ron
As a follow up I have searched this forum and come up with more info.I have flt/wx path set to where my saved flights are and the flight that I am trying to reload is there along with the rcd and wx file.When I click on load saved rcd flt in rc4 after loading FSX but not starting I have the flight rcd file in the box but not the wx or flt files.It says cannot load file.I know I have had this working in the past.In fact I don't remeber doing anything special to get it working,but that was awhile ago.Thanks for any help.Ron

As a follow up I have searched this forum and come up with more info.I have flt/wx path set to where my saved flights are and the flight that I am trying to reload is there along with the rcd and wx file.When I click on load saved rcd flt in rc4 after loading FSX but not starting I have the flight rcd file in the box but not the wx or flt files.It says cannot load file.I know I have had this working in the past.In fact I don't remeber doing anything special to get it working,but that was awhile ago.Thanks for any help.Ron
Another followup.I tried saving my flt within RC and nothing happened when I hit ctr+shift+;.Also when I hit 0 or O for main nothing happens.The ctrl 1 & 2 work though.Ron

Another followup.I tried saving my flt within RC and nothing happened when I hit ctr+shift+;.Also when I hit 0 or O for main nothing happens.The ctrl 1 & 2 work though.Ron
i was hoping in a few more minutes, you'd have it figured out. :-)every tutorial goes through the saving, and loading process. and the saving and loading is covered extensively in the manual. it's a pretty cool fixtureif the .flt/.wx path is defined correctly, then when you save a flight with the fs menu, a .rcd with the same name will appear in the .flt/.wx path as your .flt and .wx filesif you press ctrl-shift-; then an oddball file name with .rcd, .flt, and .wx will appear in the .flt/.wx pathif you can't get it to work, make a log, instructions pinnes at the top of the forum. save a flight a couple of times, and then send me the .logjd

i was hoping in a few more minutes, you'd have it figured out. :-)every tutorial goes through the saving, and loading process. and the saving and loading is covered extensively in the manual. it's a pretty cool fixtureif the .flt/.wx path is defined correctly, then when you save a flight with the fs menu, a .rcd with the same name will appear in the .flt/.wx path as your .flt and .wx filesif you press ctrl-shift-; then an oddball file name with .rcd, .flt, and .wx will appear in the .flt/.wx pathif you can't get it to work, make a log, instructions pinnes at the top of the forum. save a flight a couple of times, and then send me the .logjd
Thanks for the response.I have been using RC for a long time.I did not see much in the manual but will have another look.All tutorials address saving?I will give that a try.My .flt/.wx path is defined correctly."if the .flt/.wx path is defined correctly, then when you save a flight with the fs menu, a .rcd with the same name will appear in the .flt/.wx path as your .flt and .wx files".The 3 files are in the proper folder.Ron

Thanks for the response.I have been using RC for a long time.I did not see much in the manual but will have another look.All tutorials address saving?I will give that a try.My .flt/.wx path is defined correctly."if the .flt/.wx path is defined correctly, then when you save a flight with the fs menu, a .rcd with the same name will appear in the .flt/.wx path as your .flt and .wx files".The 3 files are in the proper folder.Ron
JD<I just want to make sure I am going thru the right sequence saving.1)save flight in FS.2)close fs.3).close RC. Load FS.StartRC.Load saved flight in RC.Then FS should load my saved flight.right?Will I be able to Start RC after I load the flight in RC or will it do it automaticaly?Thanks,Ron

JD<I just want to make sure I am going thru the right sequence saving.1)save flight in FS.2)close fs.3).close RC. Load FS.StartRC.Load saved flight in RC.Then FS should load my saved flight.right?Will I be able to Start RC after I load the flight in RC or will it do it automaticaly?Thanks,Ron
spend a moment, turn to page 118, and read the section on saving and loading saved flights.www.jdtllc.com/v4/rcv43.pdfjd

spend a moment, turn to page 118, and read the section on saving and loading saved flights.www.jdtllc.com/v4/rcv43.pdfjd
Thanks again for your patience.I read page 118 and I have done all according to instructios.All 3 files show up in the.fx/path folder.The only thing I can think I am not doing right is:I am trying to load saved flight in RC at the Free Flight menu in FS.I guess I should have FS actually running at some place?Maybe I load the same saved flight in FS that I want to load in RC?Thanks,Ron

Thanks again for your patience.I read page 118 and I have done all according to instructios.All 3 files show up in the.fx/path folder.The only thing I can think I am not doing right is:I am trying to load saved flight in RC at the Free Flight menu in FS.I guess I should have FS actually running at some place?Maybe I load the same saved flight in FS that I want to load in RC?Thanks,Ron
start fs, click fly nowstart rc, load a previous flight (.rcd), specify the file namerc loads the .flt/.wx into fs and starts it, rc initialized itself like it was when the .flt was saved, and startsjd

start fs, click fly nowstart rc, load a previous flight (.rcd), specify the file namerc loads the .flt/.wx into fs and starts it, rc initialized itself like it was when the .flt was saved, and startsjd
OK,I think that is my problem.Will give it a go tonight.Should be snowed in with below zero temps by then.Thanks again,Ron

OK,I think that is my problem.Will give it a go tonight.Should be snowed in with below zero temps by then.Thanks again,Ron
\OK<That solved the problem.My confusion was trying to load RC saved flight at the Free Flight menu.I can load a saved FS flight at this point but not from RC.FS has to be in the "Fly Now" mode.Instructions are a little vague on this.Works fine now.Thanks for the help.Ron

JDI am having a problem creating the .RCD file even after following the instructions in the manual. The RCD file does not seem to be in the .flt/.wx path but the .flt and .wx files are there for this test flight and others. I created a log and have sent it to you (rcv4- 20090204.log). I did the following:1. I started FSX.2. I started RC and hit debug.3. I loaded the FP in RC.4. I listened to RC ATIS/weather5. I saved the flight with ";"6. Listened to RC ATIS/weather again7. Saved the flight again with ";"8. .FLT .FSSAVE and .WX files are there for both saves but a .RCD file does not exist for either.Thanks,Zach

zachlog

JDI am having a problem creating the .RCD file even after following the instructions in the manual. The RCD file does not seem to be in the .flt/.wx path but the .flt and .wx files are there for this test flight and others. I created a log and have sent it to you (rcv4- 20090204.log). I did the following:1. I started FSX.2. I started RC and hit debug.3. I loaded the FP in RC.4. I listened to RC ATIS/weather5. I saved the flight with ";"6. Listened to RC ATIS/weather again7. Saved the flight again with ";"8. .FLT .FSSAVE and .WX files are there for both saves but a .RCD file does not exist for either.Thanks,Zach
make a log, send it to mejd