Sign in to follow this  
Mzee

Problems with Load Manager MD-11

I am running MD-11 for FS9 and have just updated to the patch. I am only beginning to explore this marvellous aircraft but I seem to have difficulties entering a correct TOCG. Whatever I load - passenger and freighter version - the FMS tells me that my TOCG is out of range although it corresponds perfectly to the figurs of the load manager. What am I doing wrong?

I am running MD-11 for FS9 and have just updated to the patch. I am only beginning to explore this marvellous aircraft but I seem to have difficulties entering a correct TOCG. Whatever I load - passenger and freighter version - the FMS tells me that my TOCG is out of range although it corresponds perfectly to the figurs of the load manager. What am I doing wrong?
You are sure the load you selected in the load manager is being saved to the plane correctly? Have you tryied right clicking the TOCG LSK on the MCDU (PMDG's little shortcut) to see what TOCG should be?Jay V

Same problem here. After correctly setting all things in Load Manager and SENDing it to FSX where I have already loaded MD-11 and Cold and Dark cockpit sometimes I get Out of range for two fields including the TOCG and the one below. It tries to put 42.x value to this field if I right click on it. It is of course out of range. So the right clicking does not read correctly the value calculated in Load Manager. However it sometimes it works or if it does not work I go back to load manager and send all information again then it works with correct values.This is With MD-11 for FSX with the new update.Matyas Majzik

Matyas-Walk me through precisely what you are doing- and i'll see if I cannot duplicate the issue here. This will either help us to figure out what you are seeing, or help us to explain how to do it correctly... Be detailed!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

I am pretty sure I did everything as required. No problems with my first flights before the update. Load Manager has no red figures, all figures are within the range indicated. I pushed the Save button but am grateful for indication how to check whether it is really and truly saved. Even reloaded the aircraft everal times in order to make sure load configuration is loaded. Panel state is Tutorial. I am glad to see i am not the only one to have problems but grateful for any indication about how to proceed properly.

I am pretty sure I did everything as required. No problems with my first flights before the update. Load Manager has no red figures, all figures are within the range indicated. I pushed the Save button but am grateful for indication how to check whether it is really and truly saved. Even reloaded the aircraft everal times in order to make sure load configuration is loaded. Panel state is Tutorial. I am glad to see i am not the only one to have problems but grateful for any indication about how to proceed properly.
Pressing the "Save to File" button on the Load Manager and then creating a new flight (from the FS9 "create a flight" screen) will correctly load the payload and fuel defined in the Load Manger for the same aircraft type (if you used the "Cargo" configuration in the Load Manager it affects the cargo MD-11s, all other configurations affect the pax MD-11s).However, if instead of a new flight you load a a saved MD-11 flight, or if after the new flight you load any panel state from the PMDG menu, the amount of fuel of saved flight or the panel state will be applied. This will change the TOCG value.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

I was loading a new fligth. But then, because I wanted to have the state of the panel as it is in the tutorial, I loaded the panel from the tutorial. Do I understand correctly that this might have caused the problem?If so, what would be the correct procedure? Is it possible to somehow create a new flight with a particular panel state at all? Any chance of getting rid of all the pre-settings from that (tutorial-)panel in the FMS? If this is not possible: Should I revert to completely cold and dark - there is probably no danger of loading any unwanted settings then. Thanks!

Hello,Is there a way to save the load mgr's numbers (fuel, CG, weight dist) to a "cold & dark" (or whatever panel state) situation? It seems the load mgr saves to a situation file with panel state with everything configured for action (takeoff).Or do I have to write down the load mgr's numbers, start FS9, load MD11, adjust fuel, input loads into the FMC? If this is the case, how about the pax/cargo numbers? They follow the loaded panel state or use what was written the aircraft.cfg by the load mgr?Thanks,Pat

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Hello,Is there a way to save the load mgr's numbers (fuel, CG, weight dist) to a "cold & dark" (or whatever panel state) situation? It seems the load mgr saves to a situation file with panel state with everything configured for action (takeoff).Or do I have to write down the load mgr's numbers, start FS9, load MD11, adjust fuel, input loads into the FMC? If this is the case, how about the pax/cargo numbers? They follow the loaded panel state or use what was written the aircraft.cfg by the load mgr?Thanks,Pat
Pat,This is how it works (for FS9):- You start the Load Maager and select the configuration from the drop-down menu. - If you select "Mixed Class", "Econmomy" or "Hight Density" what follows will apply only to the Passnger MD-11s, if you select "Cargo" it will apply to the Cargo MD-11s.- You set the desired payload and fuel and press the "Send to File" button.- After that any new flight you create from the "Create a Flight" FS9 menu will be created with the same payload and fuel (and therefore GW, ZFW, ZFWCG and TOCG) you selected in the load manager.- If instead you load a saved flight from the FS9 menu the payload (and therefore the ZFW and ZFWCG) will be what you selected from the Load Manager, but fuel will be the amount the aircraft had at the time you save the flight, and therefore GW and TOGW will differ form the Load Manager values. - The same applies if you load a panel state form the PMDG menu. What you can do is this:- Set the desired payload and fuel to the Load Manager so that the TOCG and ZFWCG are within limits. Note down the amount of fuel. - Create a new flight.- Load the "cold & dark" or any other panel state you want to use (or any saved flight).- Form the PMDG menu use the "Load Fuel" option and enter the amaount of fuel you have selected in the Load Manager (remember to press tyhe "Apply" button before you close the menu). Now all your date (ZFW, GW, TOCG, ZFWCG will be the same as the Load Managers)- If you save the flight from the FS9 menu, next time you load this file the data will remain the same, unless you have changed payload from the Load Manage in between. Unfortunately FS9 limitations did not allow us to have the "Send to FS" option we had for the FSX Load Manager, that made things much more simple.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Hi Michael,Thank you for the explanation, I understand. Payload can be changed with the load mgr but not by loading a saved flight/panel state, fuel level will be changed by loading a saved flight/panel state. Pat

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS