I was wondering if it is possible to change my operating system from vista 64 back to xp? I just bought a new computer and am having lots of problems with video and frame rates with fs2004. I have a copy of windows xp upgrade from my days with windows me. I was just wondering if that would work. Thanks

Anthony

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHZ, 32 GB ram, win 10, gtx 1080 gpu

I don't think that will work. But tell us about your new computer. Maybe we can help. Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

ok It is a gateway dx4200 amd 4x 64 withan installed nividia 9500gt(tried numerous drivers). I haven't installed any sound cards yet. Could that be a problem because I do have one? Just didn't want to add more variables to my problems. I just can't get fs 2004 to run correctly. I noticed that i can't even load the system time when I start fs, let alone the graphics issue. My old computer was almost 10 yrs old, but at least fs looked ok and no trouble with graphics loading. Any help would be great. thanksanthony

Anthony

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHZ, 32 GB ram, win 10, gtx 1080 gpu

ok It is a gateway dx4200 amd 4x 64 withan installed nividia 9500gt(tried numerous drivers). I haven't installed any sound cards yet. Could that be a problem because I do have one? Just didn't want to add more variables to my problems. I just can't get fs 2004 to run correctly. I noticed that i can't even load the system time when I start fs, let alone the graphics issue. My old computer was almost 10 yrs old, but at least fs looked ok and no trouble with graphics loading. Any help would be great. thanksanthony
Don't think you can blame Vista for this one. I just installed Vista Business 64 with an i7 920 and 6GB of 1333 MHz memory. FS9 runs great. Got double to triple FPS over what I saw in XP Pro.Make sure you do not have FS9 installed under Program Files but in a separate folder. If this does not work I would definitely look at the drivers - or reinstall the OS (if it is an option for you).Hope this helps.

My advice is, install XP64 if you are able. You can't "downgrade" to XP.

Guest djt01
ok It is a gateway dx4200 amd 4x 64 withan installed nividia 9500gt(tried numerous drivers).anthony
That

Hmmmm...my HP runs wellAnthonyYou probably don't need your sound card. What do you mean by FS9 not running well?Bob

Bob

i have it installed in program files so i might try changing that. I'll let you all know the outcome. Thanks for the help.

Anthony

I was wondering if i can just move the fs folder to a new location or do i have to reinstall everything? thankswhat is xp64

Anthony

I was wondering if i can just move the fs folder to a new location or do i have to reinstall everything? thankswhat is xp64
You should be able to move it to a new location. After that you will need to run the registry fix that will point the registry to the new location. I believe it is freely available from Flight1.Good luck.

no luck finding the registry fix from flight1. maybe someone could give me a link? thanks

Anthony

fsx_reg_utility.zip here at Avsim. I found it by searching "registry" in FSX Utilities.Bob

Bob

thanks bob I read some of your previous posts and have fs running pretty good now. Only problem i can't seem to solve is having fs2004 start with the correct time. For some reason it can't link up for system time. thanks for all the help. anthony

Anthony

thanks bob I read some of your previous posts and have fs running pretty good now. Only problem i can't seem to solve is having fs2004 start with the correct time. For some reason it can't link up for system time. thanks for all the help. anthony
----------------You do have the "System Time" box ticked in FS Settings/General? (as opposed to Flight Time box)Alex Reid