Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Jobim

AI Traffic cleared to land before aircaft is off the runway

Dear friends,I have been using Radar Contact for 2 or 3 weeks, I think it's really an amazing software and it takes FS simulator realism to a whole new level. Like other users, I'm looking forward for v5 (hope it will include taxi in ground control and also SIDs and STARs - not only waypoints). My question refers to landing clearance: I have noticed that AI traffic is "cleared to land" before my aircraft has left the runway. It happened 3 times. I decided to wait in the runway and see what would happen. The AI traffic did not land, but I also didn't hear any go-around instruction from the tower. Is this normal? I use the setting "pilot auto-reply" - maybe the tower is understanding i'm off the runway when I repeat the ground frequency? (even though I had not yet contacted ground, frequency was still on tower).Best regards and congratulations - RC is one of the most interesting FS add-ons I have ever seen,Dario

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Dear friends,I have been using Radar Contact for 2 or 3 weeks, I think it's really an amazing software and it takes FS simulator realism to a whole new level. Like other users, I'm looking forward for v5 (hope it will include taxi in ground control and also SIDs and STARs - not only waypoints). My question refers to landing clearance: I have noticed that AI traffic is "cleared to land" before my aircraft has left the runway. It happened 3 times. I decided to wait in the runway and see what would happen. The AI traffic did not land, but I also didn't hear any go-around instruction from the tower. Is this normal? I use the setting "pilot auto-reply" - maybe the tower is understanding i'm off the runway when I repeat the ground frequency? (even though I had not yet contacted ground, frequency was still on tower).Best regards and congratulations - RC is one of the most interesting FS add-ons I have ever seen,Dario
i took out the go-around chatter in v4, because it happened so much, and it really fouled things upi may be a little aggressive in clearing the ai to land while you're rolling, and rotating... :-)jd