Sign in to follow this  
Airbrakes

MD11 North Pole ops and lights

Dear PMDG,I wanted to congratulate you guys on a great aircraft. However Ive noticed a few minor issues.1) When operating near the north pole (higher than 84 degrees latitude to be more exact) the MD11 became very unstable swaying left to right almost uncontrollably. I then took the A/P out of NAV mode and changed to TRK HDG and resumed the flight without any other issues. Has this been heard of before or was I just operating the aircraft where it wasn't supposed to be?2) A slightly bigger issue Ive noticed was with the landing lights. I have installed the latest service pack update from the website and when I installed it, I had a issue. The landing and taxi lights appear at least 50 meters in front of the aircraft instead of in front of the nose making it extremely hard to see at night. Thanks in advance for the help.Specs:Win XP 64bitFSX SP2No other misc light or terrain addons to mention.

Dear PMDG,I wanted to congratulate you guys on a great aircraft. However Ive noticed a few minor issues.1) When operating near the north pole (higher than 84 degrees latitude to be more exact) the MD11 became very unstable swaying left to right almost uncontrollably. I then took the A/P out of NAV mode and changed to TRK HDG and resumed the flight without any other issues. Has this been heard of before or was I just operating the aircraft where it wasn't supposed to be?2) A slightly bigger issue Ive noticed was with the landing lights. I have installed the latest service pack update from the website and when I installed it, I had a issue. The landing and taxi lights appear at least 50 meters in front of the aircraft instead of in front of the nose making it extremely hard to see at night. Thanks in advance for the help.Specs:Win XP 64bitFSX SP2No other misc light or terrain addons to mention.
The landing and taxi lights have always been an issue pre and post sp. I would like to say that the wing lights were fixed and now look perfect. The other problem is the interior lighting i.e. dome lights, etc.