Sign in to follow this  
Guest robertuk

Using FMS

Guest robertuk

Hi,Got this superb aircraft yesterday with fs2crew and just have a question regarding the fms.I have done the pmdg tutorial 3 times but each time it does not follow the fmc plan it keeps following the hdg. It also does not change from (NAV ARMED) is that the reason?ThanksRob

Guest PPSFA
Hi,Got this superb aircraft yesterday with fs2crew and just have a question regarding the fms.I have done the pmdg tutorial 3 times but each time it does not follow the fmc plan it keeps following the hdg. It also does not change from (NAV ARMED) is that the reason?ThanksRob
You have to be within capture parameters. Im not sure what the range is, but when you get close enough to the course line, it will capture and track. Be sure you are in FMS/(GPS) mode, the button above the PFD.

Guest donniecs

Also remember to make sure that you're on a heading that will intercept the course. Unless your real close to the FMS course, it will remain on the heading mode (basically expecting you to get vectors to course). But then again that should really not be your problem because the tutorial has you doing an LNAV departure (sorry for the Boeing terminology) so I'd think there may be an issue somewhere between the MCDU and the FCP. During the tutorial pay close attention to pages 6-20 for the programing of the MCDU and the configuration of the FCP. For your basic flight this is where the dig differences between a Boeing and a MD product are. I'm still getting used to this machine as well, so sorry that I can't be of more help.

Guest robertuk

Thank you both. I am giving it another try at the moment must be just missing something like you say. Also I can't seem to find the FMS/(GPS) above the pfd have you a screenshot of it just incase it is that causing the issue. Thanks againRob

Guest donniecs
Also I can't seem to find the FMS/(GPS) above the pfd have you a screenshot of it just incase it is that causing the issue.
Check out page 20 of the tutorial, look for the items labeled 4 and 5 in the pictures. There is no actual button labeled GPS, you have the NAV and auto flight button.

Guest robertuk

Well I am having a good time learning this cool aircraft the best one of this type I have ever had. It handles so well. The problem is still the FMS it must be something real simple I am doing wrong.I get the green for take off and after a climb at around 6 to 800ft I turn on auto pilot then around 1600ft I hit the PROF button. All seems well and it follows the flight lines on the pfd and a hold pattern sometimes, this goes on for 5 to 10 minute then NAV turns off on the pfd and it then just turns to follow the aircraft HDG.Any idea what I might be doing wrong?In a post in this thread I was told to sure you are in FMS/(GPS) mode. Could this be why and if so how do I set it please.Thanks again it's truly an awesome beast :( Rob

Guest robertuk

Fixed the problem she is now flying over the channel on course :DI had discontinuity in the fms plans, used clr on then now no problems at all.How far out with the md11 is best to switch appr/land on? from any airports.Thanks and she flies like a dream, well done pmdg on this cool bird.Rob

Guest robertuk

Landed safely LSZH yet a bit fast once landed on the runway! stopped just before the end of runway.Well now I have made my first flight time to get stuck in the systems manuals and get to know more about everything on this very cool and realistic aircraft.Rob

I've had a problem with the tutorial. On my first flight (last night) the aircraft failed to descend at the TOD and simply carried on at 37000ft. I must have done something wrong but what? I think that things went wrong when I inserted the STAR. However, I will try again tonight.RgdsSteve H

Guest robertuk
I've had a problem with the tutorial. On my first flight (last night) the aircraft failed to descend at the TOD and simply carried on at 37000ft. I must have done something wrong but what? I think that things went wrong when I inserted the STAR. However, I will try again tonight.RgdsSteve H
I had the same problem but after a little while it started to descend, think it had to do with a flight altitude restriction.Rob