Sign in to follow this  
Guest N697DT

Frequent wind shifts at high altitude

Guest N697DT

I'm using FS9 now with ASA and it has crashed mid-route twice on me in as many days. I've had maybe four good flights. A lot of flight have extreme wind shear or something going on because my IAS will fluctuate all the way up to 400 kts when I'm cruising at 300 kts @ 32,000. The amount the plane shakes around during the flight would have everyone grabbing their barf bags. I never had such wild weather before I installed ASA last week. Have these problems been addressed?Thank you,Dack

Guest jcsoter

Seems we both wrote posts on the same problem. Same thing happening with me. What plane are you using?

Guest N697DT

Project Opensky 757-200w. Once on takeoff the winds violently rotated my default 737 to the point I had no control. It seems about every flight with any jet I've used so far I get weird wind shears and a lot of rocking and rolling of the aircraft. I hope there is something included in this patch that addresses this problem.-Dack

Guest jcsoter

Perhaps this is a problem with local range suppression. I'm noticing that whenever the wind shifts, the clouds also change around me. Maybe Active Sky is loading weather at each new station along my route and is depicting it instantly instead of me flying "into" the new weather. I also seem to get it more when I'm flying over more populous areas with more airports.

Hi All,Are we running Build 316 or Build 355?Thanks!

Guest jcsoter

I'm running Build 355 myself.Thank you!

Guest jcsoter

Just a quick update..I just did a flight from LGB to SLC at FL370, but this time I loaded my route into Active Sky. The winds aloft worked superbly with only one or two violent wind shifts that only lasted a few seconds.