Sign in to follow this  
Check_Airman

Questions on APU, wind entry and anti ice

Hello all,1. Is there any way to abort the APU shutdown sequence if I manually move the START/STOP switch to off? It enters the cooldown period like it's supposed to, but none of the switches seem to terminate the shutdown sequence and allow it to continue running. What am I missing?2. In the wind page for each waypoint, the manual states that once an altitude entry has been made for 1 point, subsequent waypoints can have wind entered in the following formats:270/6270/06/270/6However, the FMC will only accept it if the altitude is included eg. "390/270/6". This happens even though I already have wind information for a prior waypoint at FL390. Can this be corrected please?3. When engine anti ice is selected on the ground, the engine accelerates as expected. However, when anti ice is deselected, they remain in high idle, and I have to press F1 to get back to ground idle. Is this how the real plane behaves, or is it just a simulation artifact?Paul

I will do my best to try to answer your questions...1. Once you command the APU into its stop sequence, its gone for good, at least until the next start. The AVAIL lts will still be illuminated (because generator frequency/volts are still armed to parallel) but you cant keep the APU from shutting down. In real life you need to wait for the inlet/exhaust doors to shut completely before initiating another APU start.2. The real FMS requires ALT/DIRECTION/SPEED for all waypoints.3. I dont have that issue with the anti ice with the FSX version (updated), however it should revert to ground idle when A/I is selected off.

Guest krullenbol
I will do my best to try to answer your questions...1. Once you command the APU into its stop sequence, its gone for good, at least until the next start. The AVAIL lts will still be illuminated (because generator frequency/volts are still armed to parallel) but you cant keep the APU from shutting down. In real life you need to wait for the inlet/exhaust doors to shut completely before initiating another APU start.2. The real FMS requires ALT/DIRECTION/SPEED for all waypoints.3. I dont have that issue with the anti ice with the FSX version (updated), however it should revert to ground idle when A/I is selected off.
2. No, the real FMS requires only one wind entry with ALT. Subsequent wind entries do not require an altitude.

Thanks Allan. I guess I'd better double check before turning off the APU then.I think Krullenbog got what I was saying about the wind entries though. If you already have data for FL390 at waypoint A, you should not need to re-enter the FL at waypoint B. Only the wind entry should be required.Paul

Ill give it a go later on on an MD-11 that is laying over. Ill report back with my findings.