Sign in to follow this  
Guest vini51th

ASA and REX together

Guest vini51th

Hi there,I've just bought the brand new ASA and I really appreciate its new features.I would like to use REX and ASA together, with in the simpliest way.Unfortunately, I didn't succeed to find an issue... :( Indeed, what's the step-by-step proedure in order to have the 2 products simuneatously?If I launch ASA, give it a ICAO code in order to retrieve weather, what is the procedure to follow with REX?I had a look to the snapshot area of ASA, but didn't find a way to have a clear answer.Any help would be appreciate.Vini

The only way to use ASA and REX together is to use REX to install the textures you want and then use ASA to depict the weather. By that I mean, load up REX and choose the Theme button at the top. Chose your theme textures and let REX install those textures into FSX. Now close REX completely (you don't want to load a flight plan or use the REX weather engine) and open ASA. Load the weather data for the flight you want and FSX will generate the weather data it receives from ASA using the cloud/sky textures you installed into FSX from REX.

Guest vini51th
The only way to use ASA and REX together [...]
Thank you for your kind and clear answer.I will follow your advice.Enjoy the skies.Vini

Guest awsparx
The only way to use ASA and REX together is to use REX to install the textures you want and then use ASA to depict the weather. By that I mean, load up REX and choose the Theme button at the top. Chose your theme textures and let REX install those textures into FSX. Now close REX completely (you don't want to load a flight plan or use the REX weather engine) and open ASA. Load the weather data for the flight you want and FSX will generate the weather data it receives from ASA using the cloud/sky textures you installed into FSX from REX.
I dont think that is completely correct.If you do as above but go to your graphics tab in asa after loading the textures into fsx, you,ll have the option to "snapshot" themonce you,ve got a snapshot of them you never have to load rex again as they are stored :( you can create multiple snapshots so you can have as many rex themes as you want saved by ASA to recall either as wx influenced or manually selected textures.please let me know if ive understood it wrong... Mike...

Yes, he could use the snapshot feature to save the currently installed REX textures, but if he ever wanted to use a different sky theme or cloud theme, etc. he would then have to load REX again and choose a different set of theme textures. He could then take another snapshot for those new textures. In theory, he could take the time to install every combination of REX textures one at a time and take snapshots after each installation and then he'd never have to load up REX again. But having both programs (like he does), i've found it easier to manage things the way I explained it above because i'm a guy who likes to change cloud, sky, etc. themes quite often.

Hi All,Either way will work and is acceptable! However, if one wishes to use the Wx Influenced feature, then Snapshots would need to be used.Thanks,